I can't experiment with third person view, F5 and Left Alt do not work.

Trunks_Budo

I was just wondering how I can get this to work. Everything else does, I can F8 to view my FPS, I can enter debug mode, I can do everything else. I keep seeing streamers taking screenshots from third person for their thumbnails but for the life of me I simply cannot get it to work, I've even tried something so simple as changing the view toggle button to V. It just doesn't work and I'm hoping that you guys can clarify for me any mistakes I may be making in the process. Thanks in advance for the time and energy you're expending to help me.

I managed to make it so the camera was inside my character's skull and I was looking at his eye sockets. I tried pressing P to make the camera stationary, then moving my character forward, and pressing zero to "lock camera" as it says, thinking that would enable third person play... But it didn't. What oh what am I doing wrong lol

3 hours ago, Trunks_Budo said:

I was just wondering how I can get this to work. Everything else does, I can F8 to view my FPS, I can enter debug mode, I can do everything else. I keep seeing streamers taking screenshots from third person for their thumbnails but for the life of me I simply cannot get it to work, I've even tried something so simple as changing the view toggle button to V. It just doesn't work and I'm hoping that you guys can clarify for me any mistakes I may be making in the process. Thanks in advance for the time and energy you're expending to help me.

I managed to make it so the camera was inside my character's skull and I was looking at his eye sockets. I tried pressing P to make the camera stationary, then moving my character forward, and pressing zero to "lock camera" as it says, thinking that would enable third person play... But it didn't. What oh what am I doing wrong lol

You have to enable dev mode and then use the F5 and left alt keys.

This is from an old post I made after testing the camera options in A18. I retested in A19 and it seems to work the same.

I tested it and the best way to use it is this:

1) Enable debug mode

2) Press F5 to enter 3rd-person mode

3) Press P to detach the camera from the survivor - when you move, the survivor moves, but camera stays put

4) Press [ to toggle between moving the survivor or moving the camera while detached

4) Press P to reattach the camera to the survivor (normal 3rd-person view)

When P & [ are used in first-person view, it really doesn't do much useful, that I can tell. Nothing that normal God fly mode doesn't do.

Now that was more for moving the camera around and taking special shots. If all you want is 3rd-person play, just steps 1 & 2 should be enough. Press F5 again to go back to 1st-person mode.

Archived