Favourite/Preferred A19 Build so Far?

I am a long time fan of AGI playstyle, and have been so since i first started.  I was always down with bows and pistols because they offered me a lot of versatility between the two. 

Strength is a strong meta for beginning players.  Sledges are the widowmakers of 7 days for sure.   STR + FORT together has been at the top of the food chain all during a17-18.  What I am seeing now based upon limited gameplay at this point is that other playstyles are slowly ticking up.

Looking forward to more!

13 minutes ago, Ramethzer0 said:

I am a long time fan of AGI playstyle, and have been so since i first started.  I was always down with bows and pistols because they offered me a lot of versatility between the two. 

Strength is a strong meta for beginning players.  Sledges are the widowmakers of 7 days for sure.   STR + FORT together has been at the top of the food chain all during a17-18.  What I am seeing now based upon limited gameplay at this point is that other playstyles are slowly ticking up.

Looking forward to more!

Is a high end bow just as good as a semi auto gun?  I've always been hesitant to go into the bow line because the need for feathers and not being able to really mass produce like you can ammo?

I'm also curious what other people are doing.   A18 i stuck with sledges, i started strength in a19 but with clubs.  Strength is just to valuable if you dont have a group to play with, considering you get better tools + harvest amounts and you can choose shotguns, sledges or clubs. 

I've wondered how the knuckles are, and now with the new critical system if melee is going to be less of a thing now to avoid those injuries? 

40 minutes ago, daterxies said:

Is a high end bow just as good as a semi auto gun?  I've always been hesitant to go into the bow line because the need for feathers and not being able to really mass produce like you can ammo?

I'm also curious what other people are doing.   A18 i stuck with sledges, i started strength in a19 but with clubs.  Strength is just to valuable if you dont have a group to play with, considering you get better tools + harvest amounts and you can choose shotguns, sledges or clubs. 

I've wondered how the knuckles are, and now with the new critical system if melee is going to be less of a thing now to avoid those injuries? 

Question 1: High End bow is still competitive, but you do need to diversify your blood moon rollout.  Feathers cease to be a necessity once you can craft steel arrows/bolts.

For example, I kept a cross bow for stealth kills/sniping and a compound bow for extended fights.   I found out pretty quickly, the smartest thing to do is to keep different kinds of ammo for specific jobs like blood moon.  I would swap ammo from my crossbow to explosive rounds (they fly straighter and farther and then compound) and fiery arrows for the bow.   Keep a number of molotovs as backup.  But, the most important thing to know is that if you're gunna be pure bow, then make sure the horde base you build takes that into account.

Question 2: My buddy has been going knuckle rubs since we updated our MP world and he loves it.  The new hitboxing makes it so much more viable.  It's also not bad a weapon to start off with at start.  Almost in every first spawn scenario, I've noted there's a boar or a deer and sometimes one rabbit.  Kill and skin + loot a little scrap metal, and you can go fisticuffs right away.  The weighted and burning mods turn what would normally be a very bleh weapon into something more worthwhile.  Key to that play style is to get your knockdown in early and curb stomp after.

During my first hour, I was skinning a deer with a bone shiv and I got snuck up on.  Without swapping I power attacked once and decapped the offending zed.  Kinda made me wanna try it again, and I was not disappointed.   If you're good with knuckles, then head shots with knives aren't a far cry in skill.   You're not gunna get a lot of knock downs, but dismembers and decaps are a bit more reliable.

I'm strength-focused right now. Clubs are so much more satisfying in A19, Trex for melee and tool stam, cooking food is more important these days and that's in there too, and I've always loved base building so I will need some mining stuff as well. Plus it will set me up to move into shotguns if I decide to later.

I scatter a few early-ish points elsewhere - Healing Factor, Living off the Land, The Huntsman and 1 in Advanced Engineering if I haven't found a working forge in the first few days or so.

It's a big switch for me because I used to be very much a bow > rifle player.

Archived