Questions about the A19 Release notes

strask

7 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Even if that was wrong and it was 50% or 100% more it would be unrealistic if you did not digest food while driving.

Agree. I was unaware that in A18 you did not metabolize at all while driving. That is silly, and just adding metabolism (say, the equivalent to normal walking) while driving is fine. It sounded like the normal metabolism already in place while driving was boosted (above, say, normal walking metabolism). That also would be silly.

I retract my all-caps. Still putting on the uniform, though...

Yeah, yeah modding is nice and stuff. But this feature was removed with the promise to bring it back. Modding is always a pain for MP. I mean that´s one of the more common difficulty options for games. Why not just bring it back? (Don´t care when, just wanna know if it will come back like promised)

7 hours ago, Boidster said:

Yes. The file is called...you may want to sit down for this..."spawning.xml". It's in the ...\Data\Config folder. Here's the section for the pine forest (A18). Change "maxcount" and "respawndelay" (which is in game days) to whatever you want.

We have our zombies set to 4x spawns and 0.5 day respawns (every 12 in-game hours). Never a dull moment.

<biome name="pine_forest">
	<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="3" time="Day" entitygroup="ZombiesAll" />
	<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="4" time="Night" entitygroup="ZombiesNight" />
	<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="14" time="Any" entitygroup="EnemyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
	<spawn maxcount="1" respawndelay="21" time="Any" entitygroup="FriendlyAnimalsForest" spawnDeadChance="0" />
</biome>

Beating a dead horse here but until they add subbiomes for cities, towns, or mere groups of houses, this is a pretty bad bandaid that gets old quick, at least for me.

Archived