All file locations related to 7 Days to Die needed

MechanicalLens

After experiencing some file issues, I've deleted my 7 Days to Die files from the two following locations:

1.png.c9ee0044eda7636233eb3f3da9e8fba0.png

2.png.0a6b4a90ba95193d26ef1909bed1d866.png

Upon doing so and uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it, it still remembers my in-game settings, and the bug within my game that I was attempting to eradicate persists still. Are there any other file locations I should be aware of?

(I accessed the latter files by pressing Windows+R and typing in %appdata% before hitting OK)

2 hours ago, q123 said:

There are also registry settings @

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\

Maybe they survived your uninstall?

I'll look into it, thanks.

49 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

The launcher has a tool to clean up all of the saved data and the registry.

Save folder information is in the Sticky FAQ thread.

Thanks for the information. Will information saved in separate folders (such as previous worlds) that are tucked elsewhere be affected by the clean up?

7 hours ago, MechanicalLens said:

Thanks for the information. Will information saved in separate folders (such as previous worlds) that are tucked elsewhere be affected by the clean up?

It will only clean up the default locations. If you've customized the client to use a different location through the settings xml or mod launcher, it probably won't see it.

2 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

It will only clean up the default locations. If you've customized the client to use a different location through the settings xml or mod launcher, it probably won't see it.

Understood, thanks.

By "the launcher" (having this tool) do you mean Steam or...? Apologies, I'm a very visual/detail-orientated learner.

2 minutes ago, SylenThunder said:

Mod Launcher is a 3rd party program to side-load mods while keeping the vanilla client intact. It makes a separate client copy and re-directs saves to a custom folder to keep modded games from crossing streams with vanilla.

Oh, the Mod Launcher. (The one by sphereII, I assume.) Gotcha, gotcha.

Archived