Vulture hitbox has minimum range for ranged damage?

Rubelite

Been playing on the 18.4 patch for a while and never really had trouble with vultures at a distance or up close with a melee weapon, but since they seem to just constantly spawn at certain times to the point where i kill one get on my bike and another one immediately spawns and chases. I usually just use a club but got a bit annoyed at basically having to take a hit to get a hit with most melee weapons now and switched to a pistol. Unfortunately the first vulture I tried to kill seemed invulnerable to pistol shot within a meter or 2 of me. I lit up every part of it from head down the body and across the wing, but no blood spray and no reaction from the vulture at all. Had to let it get a decent amount of distance to kill it.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this or if this was just a one time thing for me, because my accuracy is usually on point enough to not waste more than one shot.

You can kill vultures with any melee as long as you are holding S,make sure you are on a flat surface (make sure you don't bump into any hill or object when backpedaling).The vulture won't be able to hit you and you can hit them.

It usually takes me 3 or 4 shots with a pistol to bring them down, but it is a one-shot kill. I try to make sure a shotgun is the active weapon before driving any vehicle through desert or wasteland. Shotguns were made to bring down birds.

It is very difficult to one shot them with a gun or bow unless you catch them when they're gliding in to attack, then it is easy.

If they've closed and are attacking you,  wait until they're right at nose level before you shoot, otherwise you have a good chance of missing. I usually right-click with the knife equipped and kill them with one hit. Cubs work better, you don't have to wait until they're in your face. but I don't equip a club.

Archived