UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

I'm currently trying to use the Unity Asset Bundle Extractor to extract/export textures from Call of Duty Mobile. When I try to do so, it says "Unknown Texture2D asset format!". Does anyone know why this is occurring? Dumping them does not work either, and exporting the raw file results in a very short .dat file that just reads this:

sia_aocg_A        ¸ª
 "            5¾Ü                               @X
 ¸ª
 W   archive:/CAB-405cffef293ebc7ecdab1b85271b8aaf/CAB-405cffef293ebc7ecdab1b85271b8aaf.resS

Attached is the file which I am trying to extract textures from (meshes have been working just fine). This is just one of many of these in the game files, and I've had the same results with all of them.

AssetStudio does not work for this either. It simply says "Nothing exported. [whatever number of] assets skipped (not extractable or files already exist). Trying to export the raw asset also has the same result as pasted above from UABE. 

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help; I was planning on studying the well-optimized assets used in this game to guide my own projects. Thank you so much.

CallOfDutyMobileTest.assets

I'm having some issues using UABE to replace images files in the game "Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager". 

I can extract the images ok but they won't work if I export images back into the asset and use them in the game.  In fact even if I just uncompress the asset with UABE, and do not change or replace the texture the image appears corrupted in game.  The game was created with Unity 4, when you needed a pro license to build the asset bundles and Unity 5 onwards asset bundles are not compatible with the game.

Any ideas as to why even just uncompressing the original asset bundles makes the images appear corrupted and is there anything I can do?

Thanks.

Edited by Chuske (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2015 at 5:38 AM, Curbolt said:

As i understand this program unpacks the asset files from the Bundles Folder > BlockTextureAtlases and TerrainTextures > These files can be opened with UAE.

I tested the tool and it works. Thx @ DerPopo

Please tutorial 🙏

how to compress this file

sharedassets3.assets

On 1/12/2015 at 5:38 AM, Curbolt said:

As i understand this program unpacks the asset files from the Bundles Folder > BlockTextureAtlases and TerrainTextures > These files can be opened with UAE.

I tested the tool and it works. Thx @ DerPopo

Tutorial video please 🙏

Hi guys I'm new with Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and I trying to convert a 2d texture to a .png but it's impossible always the program says the same:

First, "No type database matches the player version 2019. 4. 9f1" and I don't know what is the correct version.

Then, when I selected the texture and I click in Plugins and in "export to .png" it says "Unable to open the streamed data file!" and then "Unable to convert the texture data!".

I don't know what or how I have to do it.

HELP ME PLEASE !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have only used this tool to modify mouse and keyboard input settings for games that have no in game options and I am wondering if I can do some other things. Does anyone know if it is possible to do any of the following with this tool:

-Change player walk or run speed

-Remove effects like motion blur, chromatic aberration, film grain, vignette, visual distortion, or depth of field

-Stop some of the above effects from happening when holding the sprint key

Also, does anyone know if there is a default config file where Unity variables can be added like there is in Unreal? And is there a list of Unity variables somewhere. I tried searching and can't find anything. I am playing a game now that has a config text file in the main game directory, but the file name is specific to the game and will not work in other games. The variables that I am using in the file are inputupdate, fixeddeltatime, inputaxessensitivity, and inputaxesgravity.

Update to above comment (can't edit):

I found a chromatic aberration shader file and stripped all the info out of it other than the basic names and numbers. This removed all the effects while sprinting (chromatic aberration, motion blur, vignette, FOV change). I think I just got lucky and broke that visualt effect which removed all the affects while sprinting.

I am still interested in finding out more info on my questions above. I would appreciate any info I can get. I would imagine there is a more graceful way of doing it, like just disabling the effect somewhere instead of having the game try to implement it and fail.

Bug report: The latest version seems to not create .emip project files properly. When there are multiple asset files or bundled assets with different names edited at once it just duplicates first asset edits that many times on export instead.

Question: Where is the Type of asset comes from in object binary format? Like 0xFFFFFFFF for MonoBehaviour for example. I can't find the corresponding bytes in the hex dump. It should not be game specific. Plz halp 😵.

I am trying to mod a model into a game with Unity Asset Bundle Extractor but it just makes the model I replace invisible  this only happens if I try to modifie a file that is stored in StreamingAssets folder. I am able to import a model into a game that has its asset stored in the .assets file but in the StreamingAssets\AssetBundles it just shows up invisible in game.

Does anyone know why this happens?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 6:15 PM, XOdag said:

Bug report: The latest version seems to not create .emip project files properly. When there are multiple asset files or bundled assets with different names edited at once it just duplicates first asset edits that many times on export instead.

Question: Where is the Type of asset comes from in object binary format? Like 0xFFFFFFFF for MonoBehaviour for example. I can't find the corresponding bytes in the hex dump. It should not be game specific. Plz halp 😵.

Since I'm reimplementing most of the UI, that bug surely will be fixed once it's ready.

For recent Unity versions, the Type ID for MonoBehaviours is generated by UABE as  (-1 - scriptIndex)  with the two byte script index located in the type tree of the .assets file. This means that 0xFFFFFFFF stands for scriptIndex 0, 0xFFFFFFFE stands for scriptIndex 1 and so on.

As for when the update is ready, I can't really tell since there still is lots of work to do even with lots of core functionality ready, and there is only so much time I can spend on it. UABE is quite a complex project (growing more and more complex) but the UI code base was not really designed well. After all, UABE initially only was meant to extract and import from a single Asset Bundle file and only later grew to a serialized file (aka  .assets) editor on top of that, causing neither the code nor the UI itself to be particularly great. So, I have decided to throw out core parts of it and start from scratch around last year.

Working with several bundle files and serialized .assets files at once, background tasks that don't block work (and the thread-safety and resource management required to do that), non-modal dialogs (i.e. not having to open and close popups windows all the time), and editing assets in UI without having to export/import dumps are some of the things I've been working on.

Hello,

thanks for your tireless work on UABE.

Is the Mesh :: Import Raw / Import Dump currently in the working stage?

I'm asking because when I Mesh :: Export Raw and then Mesh :: Import Raw on it without any change, I'm getting an error on an immediate subsequent Mesh :: Export Dump ("Unable to process the asset data! This might be due to an incompatible type database." ). Maybe an incorrect previous raw import? (EmergeWorlds.DanceCollider)

I was wondering if there was anyway to extract assets from Unity 2019.3.5f. I'm trying to extract animations from a game called Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and the assets are in Unity 2019.3.5f asset bundles. I tried extracting animations using Asset Studio, but none of the animations actually animate and are stuck on frame 1 of their animation. I heard that UABE could export animations perfectly fine, but it seems there's no way to actually open the asset files from the game, because it uses a version of Unity that UABE doesn't support. I'll link one of the compressed and it's respective uncompressed asset files in the event someone would like to assist me. UABE can decompress it, but that's all.

_haracter0000032.6553a178f90fe3229c68bffbfb6fa775 _nformation_for_ress_character0000032.74bc4b4d2429b3d6382e0a2be7898c10 ress from character0000032 _ncompressed_character0000032.fa9aab09849402e7a67ae451cd497f96

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 5:17 PM, n2n1 said:

...probably, busy with his own business, he said that he did not abandon the Utility and makes her a new UI.

Yea, this time he was gone for a long time.

By chance, is there any information about whether the program will be finalized so that you can work with the 2020 version of the Unity?