I can't need updated guidance on resetting regions in Navezgane

Worrun

I have a base in the forest biome, I want to reset the world but keep my base, it is to my understanding that I can do this by resetting or manipulating region files. I have had a look and cannot find any updated ways to find what region I am in. I have admin on my server but am not familiar with any console commands, so if anyone could help that would be spectacular. Thanks

drop console if you are the game creator (you start the game and created the seed).

type "DM" hit enter

hit escape to close console

must be at your base in question

now hit "F3" to open debug screen and also hit "TAB or whatever" to open inventory window to have cursor present

at top are some radial buttons (click on the CH)

at bottom of debug will now have another section opened called Chunk (there ya be) see screen shots

make sure you grab all region ids that your base is in (if you happen to cross regions)(i walk around my base to see if different regions are present)

now you must go to the saved folder where regions are at for the map seed you have and to delete just make sure to not delete the ones you are in.

QA Tester-unholyjoe :)

RULE 1... save/have copies before proceeding

Spoiler

A18.4_2020-04-29_12-20-47.jpg

Spoiler

bandicam 2020-04-29 12-25-24-104.jpg

18 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

drop console if you are the game creator (you start the game and created the seed).

type "DM" hit enter

hit escape to close console

must be at your base in question

now hit "F3" to open debug screen and also hit "TAB or whatever" to open inventory window to have cursor present

at top are some radial buttons (click on the CH)

at bottom of debug will now have another section opened called Chunk (there ya be) see screen shots

make sure you grab all region ids that your base is in (if you happen to cross regions)(i walk around my base to see if different regions are present)

now you must go to the saved folder where regions are at for the map seed you have and to delete just make sure to not delete the ones you are in.

QA Tester-unholyjoe :)

RULE 1... save/have copies before proceeding

Reveal hidden contents

A18.4_2020-04-29_12-20-47.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

bandicam 2020-04-29 12-25-24-104.jpg

Now that I have my region file, can I delete all region files on my server and then simply re-add that single region file, and let the rest generate as I explore the map again?

2 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

uh.. look at 2nd screen shot :)

if you saved the regions needed yes.

I just wanted to make sure it could be done on such a large scale, many thanks.

P.S. My region in-game says "r.-2.0" but in the region folder there is only "r.-2.0.7" I'm assuming that is the same one, just simplified?

Archived