turned of horde nights

Wyrm187

And I'm loving it. I have always played vanilla and grew tired of building up the base only to have it destroyed so I could rebuild again. Also once I died I always felt like the game was over for me after I came back to life and respawned. I'm playing now to see how long I can survive without dying and restarting on death. It's very fun, it's much more of a survival experience now.

Yesterday I was doing some scavenging and a Feral Wight popped out of house and started tearing toward me. I was sprinting to an army base that wasn't far and frantically jumping over mines to try to get the damn thing to step on a land mine but it never did and it started doing some serious damage to me. I was out of bullets so I pulled out my chainsaw that had hardly any life left in before it needed to be repaired and I killed it. Heart pounding action and it felt like a B zombie movie or the end of Evil dead remake as I was fighting for my life about 2 weeks into it.

The devs mentioned Dead is dead mode years ago. I'm no programmer but is it that hard to add in officially? Would be cool to have it officially endorsed

I have a single player save that has no horde nights. I found a nice looking house with a porch that is built all the way around the house. The second floor balcony also circles around the house too. I enjoy the relaxing game play. I turned the difficulty up to max though so I have to still watch out for wandering hordes and special zombies. I normally play on a dedicated server with horde nights though but when I want a chill game session, i'll jump into my single player save.

Sounds like fun. If I ever get around to it, I would like to do a romero play thru dead is dead. Essentially no blood moons, zombies always walk, no special infected and spawns cranked up as high as I can push my box.

Edit: and only head shots can kill (or at least does exponentially more damage). Reduced loot (especially guns/ammo, and very little or slow crafting/building.)

Yeah, the huge demand for CPU power during coop multiplayer hordes makes me think about that too. I mean i could deal with low FPS during horde night but it´s hard to not trigger the demolishers then. And i don´t want a repair fest after every hordenight. Neither do i want less zombies.

I have a R5 3600 and while this is a fairly cheap CPU even a 3900X wouldn´t get a whole lot of improvment considering how much more it costs. Intel with the I7 9700 and I9 9900k is a bit stronger here, but the I7 9700 is already double the price of the R5 3600 and the improvent would be like 15%. So still lag and not getting 60 FPS on those either with 4 or 5 people in one base.

There are still hordes and ferals and irradiated zombies oh my! So gameplay can still be fun when the gamestage is jacked up. I build everything by hand, no cheats so it's fun trying not to die and see how long you can hold out

Archived