Working Air Conditioners to reduce Heat Map

Tristam

Ideally, they would do two major things:

Reduce the Heat map of the chunk you're in, helping to slow down or prevent the spawning of Screamers.

and

Reduce the heat on a player who is nearby. Just like you can use a campfire or torch to stay warm in the cold, air conditioners prevent heat stroke in the heat.

For balance reasons, I would suggest making them expensive, but reduce heat by 12 each so that a single one can compensate for two forges. It would also be nice if they were powered through the wire system/electricity, but if the game prevents as much a simple "campfire" setup would work as well, odd as that would be.

I want to be able to put forges and such where I want, instead of hiding them underground where screamers won't harass me. Or doing all of my cooking when I'm not around for enemies to spawn. I wanted another way to balance the system instead of exploit it.

EDIT: If you're asking about the logic as in the logistics, I figure that if heat sources can raise the heat map, then cold sources should lower it a bit. I, personally, would also like to see the heat map decrease over time naturally in winter biomes as well, giving you a solid reason to live out there. But that's for another day.

Well, does anyone know off the top of their head if you can make heat a negative number? How do I check heat map in-game? I read it's F8 in DM, but I want to be sure.

Used to work in a16 just by copying the campfire properties and using a negative number as the value. That's how I made Starvations airconditioners.

Archived