Admin abuse from players

estiaan1234

Hi guys,

Something is really fishy with my server, players on my server are using giveselfxp command and lvling up to lvl 300 without having permissions? no admins are set in the server serveradmin.xml file so no one should have admin privelages to use any commands except for local telnet.

when i check server log i can see when i try to type giveselfxp it says denying command from unpredicted, but i cant see when the guy types any command, is it possible that he is hacking or using a 3rd party program?

How is this possible?

Seeing your admin xml file would help.

Its a normal default serveradmin file, i copied and pasted below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!--

This file holds the settings for who is banned, whitelisted,

admins and server command permissions.

Steam ID can be found using http://steamid.co/

STEAM ID INSTRUCTIONS:

===============================================================

You can find the SteamID64 of any user with one of the following pages:

https://steamdb.info/calculator/, https://steamid.io/lookup, http://steamid.co/

http://steamid.co/ instructions:

Input the player's name in the search field. example: Kinyajuu

If the name doesn't work, you can also use the url of their steam page.

Also you may add/remove admins, mods, whitelist, blacklist using in game commands.

You will want the STEAM64ID. example: 76561198021925107

PERMISSION LEVEL INSTRUCTIONS:

permission level : 0-1000, a user may run any command equal to or above their permission level.

Users not given a permission level in this file will have a default permission level of 1000!

COMMAND PERMISSIONS INSTRUCTIONS:

cmd : This is the command name, any command not in this list will not be usable by anyone but the server.

permission level : 0-1000, a user may run any command equal to or above their permission level.

Commands not specified in this file will have a default permission level of 0!

EVERYTHING BETWEEN <!- - and - -> IS COMMENTED OUT! THE ENTRIES BELOW ARE EXAMPLES THAT ARE NOT ACTIVE!!!

-->

<adminTools>

<admins>

<!-- <admin steamID="76561198021925107" permission_level="0" /> -->

</admins>

<permissions>

<!-- <permission cmd="dm" permission_level="0" /> -->

<!-- <permission cmd="kick" permission_level="1" /> -->

<!-- <permission cmd="say" permission_level="1000" /> -->

<permission cmd="chunkcache" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="debugshot" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="debugweather" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="getgamepref" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="getgamestat" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="getoptions" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="gettime" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="gfx" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="help" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="listplayerids" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="listthreads" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="memcl" permission_level="1000" />

<permission cmd="settempunit" permission_level="1000" />

</permissions>

<!-- ONLY PUT ITEMS IN WHITELIST IF YOU WANT WHITELIST ONLY ENABLED!!! -->

<!-- If there are any items in the whitelist, the whitelist only mode is enabled -->

Currently EAC is off due to the server crashes,

cp list currently gives out below.

Defined Command Permissions:

Level: Command

1000: chunkcache

1000: debugshot

1000: debugweather

1000: getgamepref

1000: getgamestat

1000: getoptions

1000: gettime

1000: gfx

1000: help

1000: listplayerids

1000: listthreads

1000: memcl

1000: settempunit

ok, so cp output matches your admins file.

That means your problem is script kiddies using a hacked dll.

What I would do is use a server manager like CSMM or Botman to look for that command being used, and boot the offender off the server. I know the custom hooks in CSMM could do this, and I'm pretty sure Botman has a similar feature, though it's been a year or so since I used it.

ok, so cp output matches your admins file.

That means your problem is script kiddies using a hacked dll.

What I would do is use a server manager like CSMM or Botman to look for that command being used, and boot the offender off the server. I know the custom hooks in CSMM could do this, and I'm pretty sure Botman has a similar feature, though it's been a year or so since I used it.

Hi Sylen,

i recently just installed a new 7dtdserver with LinuxGSM is it possible to intigrate CSMM to LinuxGSM or is CSMM a different server manager? i also wanted to install Alloc to LinuxGSM to repair broken POI's

LGSM isn't really a manager per se. It's scripts for running and maintaining the server host. CSMM/Botman are true server managers to allow you to fully admin the server and players. Plus they add some fun features.

For broken POI's I highly recommend CPM, (Though you should always be running Allocs also anyway). Prisma has a getprefabinfo command that allows you to pull information on a prefab, and even regenerate it right there on the spot. It's also got a command you can run periodically that will regenerate all the POI's on the server, and the ability to prevent placement of beds and LCB's in quest POI's.

I run all 3 of my public servers with LGSM, Allocs, CPM, and CSMM.

LGSM isn't really a manager per se. It's scripts for running and maintaining the server host. CSMM/Botman are true server managers to allow you to fully admin the server and players. Plus they add some fun features.

For broken POI's I highly recommend CPM, (Though you should always be running Allocs also anyway). Prisma has a getprefabinfo command that allows you to pull information on a prefab, and even regenerate it right there on the spot. It's also got a command you can run periodically that will regenerate all the POI's on the server, and the ability to prevent placement of beds and LCB's in quest POI's.

I run all 3 of my public servers with LGSM, Allocs, CPM, and CSMM.

Sorry for asking but where to do i install Allocs? do i just extract it to my 7dtd server where the serverconfig file is? or do i have to paste it to some specific place? and how do i launch it with 7dtd or does it manually load when server starts?

Also will i need to wipe my server if i install these mods?

Would you be able to help me sometime maybe on discord to setup the server as your server is with all the mods?

How do you know they are using giveselfexp if you can't see them use the command?

Because 2 guys that joined 3 days ago was already max level 300 and people started asking if they were mods because they were spawning items for other people?

- - - Updated - - -

No wipe needed. All you need to do is have a Mods folder inside of your client directory, and you place the mods there.

Here is an example...

5feebab4351f85ebe791fc1ac5049ca6.png

Will be happy to help. just ping me on Discord.

Bro can you maybe give me your discord ID?

Archived