What was your worst attack/seige you got from zombies combined with Demolishers?

Lightingfast29

1) Base never collapsed.

2)Worst we got, was 4 Boomers (that'S how we call them - fitting how they always rage and explode for the tiniest of reasons... XD) that literrally got caught by bad aim / junk turrets while we normally either snipe them or M60 their asses to oblivion. So obviously, they all decided to blow up - one after the other... in the same spot. They dug a 10 block deep by 7 blocks wide hole and made a 3x4 hole on the side of the POI we use / repurposed for Horde nights.

I'll add number 3) -> What did you, or do you do to avoid from this situation from happening again?

3) What to do to avoid it - There's someone dedicated to spotting Boomers in our group If possible, they trigger them long range, but close range, they attempt to snipe or AK47 their legs - once downed, they let loose with M60 on their backs. That's the strat and has worked nearly flawlessly since. We're on Day 79 now and only suffered one major blowout from Boomers, the others were controlled to the outside of our perimeter or in the spike fields, away from the main base.

1) nope, never had a base actually collapse due to demolishers. I am always in concrete before they come and I build thicker base walls to accommodate them now.

Demolishers are rather easy to kill if you keep an eye out for them and shoot their chests

Our previous server during experimental A18. The night of the Boomer Squads arriving.

1. No but we were killed by the explosion which ended horde night. Minor damage to the tower.

2. I had built a reinforced concrete tower with hopping staircase to the top where we shot at everything that showed up. It worked like a charm most nights but our gamestage improved way too fast since my buddy spent a lot of time mining/building his own superhordenightsuperbase that we were supposed to move into some day, more concrete than hoover damn. He about doubled his level between our 14 day horde nights (2 hour days, 14 days between horde nights...yea that was a bad idea) which meant we suddenly went from NO demolishers to 4 packs of them running at us at once when horde night started. With all the other zeds (heh 16 per player, whoops) running interference for them and since we couldnt kill them fast enough and eventually one of the demolishers from the groups of them that kept spawning got close enough to us to blow up in our face, That was all she wrote. Honestly if they had blown up the staircase we would have been fine and just rode out horde night sniping their heads. No place for us to fall back to other than the roof above us (not far enough to escape explosions). No way to stop the onrush and get a time out or pause in the frenzied firing. Big secure doors will be used in the future and we have used collapsing bridges to stop the onslaught since then effectively. It was a learning experience...

Good advice in this thread. Spotters. Thicker walls than before. I like it.

We had a few boomers show up this morning on our new server and we got them to blow up usually in the center of the "kill area" where they did little structural damage but huge craters in the floor. Just 1 boomer every 5 or so minutes, not a gang of them like the worst attack we had.

Hmm no, my base never collapse while they just walking looping drop down the bridge with 2 diamond holes and repeat. As long you build 3 sides strong enough and leave the front side weaker, you will be fine on counter them..

Loop bases dont count. 😂

Archived