Intentionally craft lower-Quality items?

Pwnlord

Certain items like the Workbench require various items to craft. This can get expensive, now that higher-tier items cost more.

What if you could intentionally craft lower-quality items? Select a Perk Tier from the Skill Menu or from the crafting screen itself, then craft your item. This avoids punishing the rushing of perks and streamlines the early game somewhat.

Ya, the idea that it is possible to rush up a perk tree and then not be able craft the higher quality weapon at all until you get a ton of parts is kind of odd (when you have enough parts to craft a lower quality but are unable)

In the latest experimental I found 23 weapon parts in 1 crate tho on day 1, so maybe it wont be an issue going forward.

I greatly dislike the very principal of needing more parts to craft something because you spent a skill point to unlock a higher tier. Especially since it doesn't tell you this before you spend the point. Instead you find out the hard way when by some miracle you managed to scrap up enough parts to craft it before simply finding a better one but you are so close to leveling you you wait until after you level and purchase a perk to craft it a tier higher. Now the Fun Pimps go: "Gotcha sucker! You can't craft it anymore because you are short on parts now. Hahahaha!"

I loathe entirely that the only* process by which to obtain these required parts is to scrap the very item you was wishing to craft with the hopes that you won't find the item you are wanting to craft either at the current or higher tier than you can craft before you manage to get enough parts to craft it yourself and therefore wasting all the time/effort you invested in obtaining those parts in the first place. (that was quite the runon sentence, yes?) Then to just rub salt on the wound the best loot is ALWAYS found by looting further marginalizing crafting outside of consumables (food/water/ammo/bandages/repairkits) to the point of being completely not worth it.

But but you crafting stuff has RNG stats so you can craft stuff better than a T6, you say? Yeah and looted stuff also has RNG stats plus crafting a T5 better than a T6 isn't a guarantee and hasn't happened yet. Hell not even close to surpassing the worst T6.

* With the recent A18.1 betas most/all parts seem to be added to trader's now. That's something I guess.

Archived