No LAN option if no Internet?

Airwolf

So the game requires a connection to Steam even if you have no internet, so you have to have Steam. You also cant host or join a LAN party if there is no Internet. So if your at a LAN party and have no need for Internet or Steam because your playing locally, guess what? You cant :/

I'm a big fan of the game, but Steam has updated it's interface so it's unusable, in my opinion. So I'm shutting down Steam till they fix it, and that's how I just found out I can't use this game without Steam running. Maybe I just missed an option somewhere to bypass this Steam issue. Personally I don't need the internet, it's just a convenience. But if this is a all for one, then I'm all for none and delete both. I can enjoy other similar games that don't have this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

MP via LAN w/o Internet

Hi, Devs! Could you please make it available to play via LAN (by inputting direct IP) without having Internet accessible. My router is set to disable Internet connection for my son after 8 pm. It means his Steam goes offline in the evening. Home LAN still stays accessible. But the game blocks the Join Game button if Steam is offline. IMO it's weird. Both our 7d2ds are bought.

Btw alpha 18 is the best! Keep on perfect work gentlemen.

Archived