Is it possible to add sound to projectiles?

xxx73

Im working on some zeds that shoot projectiles like flaming arrows and rockets. One thing I notice is that the projectiles them-self make no sound. So i wonder if it is possible to add some sound to projectiles, like a wind effect, burning effect or something?

Custom projectiles (particles or meshed objects) will use the game impact sounds. Are you talking about sound while the particle is in flight? Probably could add a sound component and a small .mp3 loop on either if thats what your after.

• 2 weeks later...
Custom projectiles (particles or meshed objects) will use the game impact sounds. Are you talking about sound while the particle is in flight? Probably could add a sound component and a small .mp3 loop on either if thats what your after.

Thanks for your reply. What I meant was sound when in flight. I have added several zeds that shoot different kind of projectiles, and it feels very strange when things like flaming arrows or rockets fly bye without making any sound before impact.

I have copied this projectile from another modder for personal use only:

<item name="VomitProjectileFireArrow">
<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Weapons/Ranged/Bows/WoodenBow/flamingArrowPrefab.prefab"/>
<property name="Material" value="Morganic" />
<property class="Action1">
<property name="Class" value="Projectile"/>
<property name="Gravity" value="-4"/>
<property name="DamageEntity" value="3"/>
<property name="DamageBlock" value="5"/>
<property name="Velocity" value="40"/>
<property name="FlyTime" value="7"/>
<property name="LifeTime" value="7"/>
<property name="DamageBonus.earth" value="3"/>
<property name="DamageBonus.wood" value="15"/>
<property name="DamageBonus.stone" value="1"/>
<property name="DamageBonus.metal" value="1"/>
<property name="CollisionRadius" value="0.3"/>
<property name="Buff" value="buffBurningVomit"/>
</property>
<effect_group name="VomitProjectileFireArrow" tiered="false">
<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value="0.25" tags="buffBurningVomit"/>
</effect_group>
</item> [/Code]

I tried adding this:

<property name="Sound_repeat" value="torch_lp"/>

but that did not work, so I tried other sounds with no result

How and where can I add a mp3 loop?

Just a thought, as I haven't tested it and am also attempting to add custom sound files myself, but take a look @ the items.xml/item_modifiers.xml for the ak47 and copy/pasta the sound loop node for the silencer. I believe this would work however my issue right now is getting the sound file from unity into the game for an ArmaLite15 model reload I've added. After work today I'll continue troubleshooting and see if I can accomplish this then report back.

I did a video that might help with the import:

Ha! I found your video on another post shortly after my previous post. Definitely will be using this later as you've already taught me where I messed up in my XML. Thank you kindly sir! I will also be going through some of your other tutorials for reference/knowledge.

Archived