Infection is crazy now! My story + a suggestion

Xtrakicking

I agree, it seems like every trader quest I do offers me Herbal Antibiotics. I'm not suggesting that it will be so for everyone since luck determines it but just offering up another source for antibiotics for those struggling.

Actually I've noticed this too, a lot of quest rewards for t1-2 quests tend to be antibiotics, herbal or otherwise, or first aid bandages. Early game? I'll take the first aid bandages over a tool anyday. My current game I am on day 4 and have like 25 first aid bandages from quests. Those things are like gold when you can't craft them yet. Same for antibiotics. I do love the new infection system though, there is no ill effects till it hits 14%. As Op said if you don't have enough to cure it, it heals it decently slow so it buys you more time to get more stuff to stack to get rid of it. It also makes it much more dangerious if you let it run on past breakpoints of 4%, 9% or 23% I use these percents as zombie hits can raise it, so I like to have a bit of leeway. If all I got is 1 antibiotic that cures 25%, i'll wait till it hits 23% before i'd use it.

In A18, if I see a bookstore or a pop-n-pills store my eyes light up like a kid in a candy store. Not the big bookstore or pop-n-pills poi's (the crack-a-book tower and the pop-n-pills hospital) as they seem to have less book/medical loot than the medium sized ones for some messed up reason.

But take my advice, get armor asap, You can get near 100% effect resistance from armor with perfect effect resist rolls on steel armor. Though with full iron armor I do find they still bleed me more than they should but its far better than it was in a17 where it seemed to do nothing.

Effect resist seems to work for stuns, bleeds, infection, and I almost wanna say it even works against stuff from food/water like dysentery and food poisioning, which.. it shouldn't tbh.

My current game luck is kinda so-so, day 4 and i've gotten hit with dysentery from boiled water twice already. My longest dead is dead game was 17 days at 60 min days, and I never got food poisioning or dysentery once no matter how or what I ate. Though that might be partly due to the water purifier mod for helms I found. That mod is golden. Install it and you can drink murky water all you want with no worry about ill effects.

How I play is I generally do not loot a poi unless I have a trader quest to go to it, exceptions are things like the book stores, pop-n-pills, working stiffs etc, as they do not have quests to them afaik.

It seems to be nice. Lyrically everything is painted, but not for real life 7d. The game really has no motivation to survive, because by accidentally dying, you can get rid of infection, experience will certainly wane. But this is only 5-10 zombies. Rather than 2 weeks to play the game. It may be a matter of principle. But I want this to be a matter of survival, so that I have no choice. I don’t want to set myself the condition to survive, just like that. I want the game to do this for me.

It seems to be nice. Lyrically everything is painted, but not for real life 7d. The game really has no motivation to survive, because by accidentally dying, you can get rid of infection, experience will certainly wane. But this is only 5-10 zombies. Rather than 2 weeks to play the game. It may be a matter of principle. But I want this to be a matter of survival, so that I have no choice. I don’t want to set myself the condition to survive, just like that. I want the game to do this for me.

Play dead is dead, you die, delete the save. Then stuff like infection etc matters. I'd honestly like an offical game mode with it myself. Where if you die game auto deletes the save.

I agree, it seems like every trader quest I do offers me Herbal Antibiotics. I'm not suggesting that it will be so for everyone since luck determines it but just offering up another source for antibiotics for those struggling.

Damn it, either you guys are really lucky or I was extremely unlucky then, cause I did try to get herbal antibiotics by doing quests; fruitlessly...

- - - Updated - - -

As Scyris said, dead is dead is a great way to make sure that survival is the only choice in every situation.

Thanks for posting, that was an enjoyable read!

Thanks for reading! it was a rollercoaster for sure.

Archived