Zombies...what CAN’T they do now?

qbot3000

First blood moon on A18. Haven’t played since A16, so am adjusting to the new zombies. I built an old style base - a square with a ramp on the outside, 3 blocks away and one block below. Then I set my wood frames across to enter and take them off when i’m in for the night.

Now here’s where it got interesting. I see the zombies jump up my ramp and i’m wondering why for a second. Then the one at the top proceeds to jump across three empty blocks and up a block. It lands right next to me. I pump it full of lead - shocked. They can leap now? No time to spare, I quickly start shooting zombies as they approach the top of the entrance ramp. A few I have to pop midair. One lucky one makes it to me between reloads, but I dispatch him as well.

Gotta rethink old strategies now I guess. It’s much harder to play it defensively.

First blood moon on A18. Haven’t played since A16, so am adjusting to the new zombies. I built an old style base - a square with a ramp on the outside, 3 blocks away and one block below. Then I set my wood frames across to enter and take them off when i’m in for the night.

Now here’s where it got interesting. I see the zombies jump up my ramp and i’m wondering why for a second. Then the one at the top proceeds to jump across three empty blocks and up a block. It lands right next to me. I pump it full of lead - shocked. They can leap now? No time to spare, I quickly start shooting zombies as they approach the top of the entrance ramp. A few I have to pop midair. One lucky one makes it to me between reloads, but I dispatch him as well.

Gotta rethink old strategies now I guess. It’s much harder to play it defensively.

That sounds like it would have been a lot of fun. Zeds can really jump now. A regular Zed will jump 3.9 blocks and a Feral Wight will clear 5. The Spider will jump a frightening 9 blocks according to the .xml files.

Archived