Dedicated Server Bags not dropping on death and no console output

QuartzDragonfire

----I have two issues and hope someone can help.

installed new 7 days dedicated on a windows machine using steamcmd.

config on server in steamcmd common folder has the setting of DropOnDeath= 0

<property name="DropOnDeath" value="0" /> <!-- 0 = everything, 1 = toolbelt only, 2 = backpack only, 3 = delete all -->

However we are keeping our bags on death. Server name and password seem to be applying from this config file. That woud lead me to believe that it is reading this config.

So as far as i know i am using the included bat file to start our serve with the relivent line being:

start %GAMENAME% -logfile "%LOGFILE%" -quit -batchmode -nographics -configfile=serverconfig.xml -dedicated

-----Second issue, is less a problem and more a change from what i normally expect.

Console window shows NOTHING other than

2019-10-12T17:55:05 29.960 INF WinThread started

server is working , say command will send messages to the server but there is no console information. This just a change or am i missing something?

Thanks for your time

For your first problem: No bags on death, check this line in your serverconfig.xml

<property name="DropOnDeath" value="0" /> <!-- 0 = nothing, 1 = everything, 2 = toolbelt only, 3 = backpack only, 4 = delete all -->

If it is set to zero, then players will not drop their bags.

For your second problem, it might be this line in your serverconfig.xml, but that's just a guess.

<property name="HideCommandExecutionLog" value="0"/> <!-- Hide logging of command execution. 0 = show everything, 1 = hide only from Telnet/ControlPanel, 2 = also hide from remote game clients, 3 = hide everything -->

If set to 3, you wouldn't see any logging.

Hint: Never use the old serverconfig file for a new alpha. There always are changes and this can lead to hard to find bugs. Sure it takes a little work to move over your changes by hand but that is a one-time cost. Helpful here are diff-programms that tell you the lines different between two files.

Hint: Never use the old serverconfig file for a new alpha. There always are changes and this can lead to hard to find bugs. Sure it takes a little work to move over your changes by hand but that is a one-time cost. Helpful here are diff-programms that tell you the lines different between two files.

Yea i kinda Diff-ed them by eye and moved over the new settings, but didnt go as far as looking at the comments to the right of the command. I mean who would change what a config value means right ? :) i'll remember that for a while.

Still no console output,

noticed the line in the patch notes about needing a full path for the log file. The included bat file has that however it looks like it has an extra backslash one is not needed after ~dp0 . But this doesn't seem to change anything it is a "valid" path either way. Tried without the -quit -batchmode -nographics and still no change.

even tried changing HideCommandExecutionLog from 0 to 1. nothing.

Not a big deal just weird. Commands still work from it

what got me on this was wiki says,

0 = everything, 1 = toolbelt only, 2 = backpack only, 3 = delete all

thanks

Wiki is missing option 4 = drop nothing.

That option has been added to a18, and moved to option 0. All other options were bumped up one.

a17 is the current Stable build, so that shouldn't be updated until a18 is Stable.

Archived