Additional debugging information?

Swiftpaw

Is there any way to turn on additional debugging info so that we can have a chance at seeing why the game process is freezing up during multiplayer with 7 day hordes? We tried multiple hosts and both Linux and Windows and about 2 to 3 times during a 7 day horde it will just start chugging and zombies will either stop or will continue forward forever. It's not a lack of RAM or CPU power issue. Can play through 7 day hordes in single player just fine suggesting this is a multiplayer-related issue.

Any options to turn on more debugging?

What kind of hardware are you using? (Both server and client)

Are you using the client MP, or a dedicated server?

How many players on the server?

What is horde spawn count set to?

Dedicated server on LAN: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor, 16GB RAM

Clients playing on LAN: Intel® Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 980

Player count: 2

<property name="MaxSpawnedZombies" value="60"/>

<property name="MaxSpawnedAnimals" value="50"/>

<property name="BloodMoonEnemyCount" value="8" />

Thanks for being curious about the actual problem itself, but I was just wanting to know if there was more verbose logging that could be enabled. ^^

I was actually going to wait until A18 was released to try to tackle this issue if it's still around at that time, but I wanted to be prepared with additional debugging just in case we did see it happening again.

I don't think there are any other log levels than the default output.log.

Are your networked players connected via wireless or wired?

Damn, well thanks for letting me know!

We're all wired. The thing is, multiplayer servers are capable of dealing with high-latency players who don't bring down the entire server for everyone else, right? So I can't imagine some sort of latency issue being the problem here but multiplayer networking can be complex which was why I asked about possible debugging modes for deeper digging.

Hopefully A18 will be better, though!

Thanks for the help! :D

Archived