Idea for Game Continuity/End Game Goal

PhilNGraves

I had a thought the other day about 7 days. I play on xbox so not sure about implementation, but figured it wouldn't hurt to share.

Have an end game goal of building a pre-defined airstrip. Once that is done, a beacon/light/random block of difficult construction is placed at one corner. The next time a supply plane (or at noon the next day, if not every day) the plane comes and lands. You board the plane with what you can carry. Plane takes off and crashes on a new randomly generated map (or just a fresh map) and you keep your items and character, with the game already scaling to you. Day count restarts.

Thoughts?

Could be interesting. What DO you take with you?

Modded Tools: axe/pick/shovel. faster getting raw mats. Wrench/nailgun?

- auger/chainsaw? maybe.

Modded Weapons: which ones though? Bow/Xbow? Firearm of choice.

- Repair Kits! one stack.

Materials: forged steel/iron to make repairs.

-military fiber? only if using that armor

Stations: chem for sure (pita getting beakers can be avoided. Workbench? Forge?

Misc: tool and die set. gonna need those to make ammo. can make anvil/crucible.

Beakers: stack of them. pot/grill. make one. You will find more.

Food: bring SEEDS! grow yer own.

Stack or two/3 etc of best foods.

Snowballs.

Stack of jars. (or maybe sand instead. make jars)

Medical: antibiotics, aloe cream, raw mats to make FA kits.

FA kits only stack to 5, so would have to do the math.

FA bandages only 10, cream stacks more, cloth to 250. less space.

Vehicle: Don't forget one! GAS! 1 stack. You'll get more.

Building Supplies: how much of what? in 7 days, you get a BM based on current gamestage. *gulp!*

- stack of storage boxes! yer gonna want to offload all the stuff you're carrying.

-stack(s) iron traps, barbed wire fence.

Ammo: fill the leftover space with ammo. yes you'll find/make more, but until then.

You'd have room for turrets/traps, but no way to cart enough ammo to fill them.

Blade traps?

Solar bank/Battery Bank. there are 14 slots just for those 2 (with panels/batteries) Generator bank, easy to get that going again.

Using just the default backpack, it would get tough.

Using a mod to give say 120 backpack, hrmm..

Really tough on what to DO for that first 7 days. Explore, loot, build...

heh. would be very, very cool!

I had a thought the other day about 7 days. I play on xbox so not sure about implementation, but figured it wouldn't hurt to share.

Have an end game goal of building a pre-defined airstrip. Once that is done, a beacon/light/random block of difficult construction is placed at one corner. The next time a supply plane (or at noon the next day, if not every day) the plane comes and lands. You board the plane with what you can carry. Plane takes off and crashes on a new randomly generated map (or just a fresh map) and you keep your items and character, with the game already scaling to you. Day count restarts.

Thoughts?

I've already suggested this as one of the things I dream to be added to the game in my thread. Though I think we can all agree the idea is a bit of a stretch. We're a long way away from it being implimented if it ever is.

Archived