pistol seems underpowered

Vomkat

I hit a guy in PvP, I don't know how many times... blood just splattered all over, but it didn't phase him at all.

I know a pistol isn't so great against someone totally zoned out on cocaine, meth, and PCP - but in the real world, most people are gonna be affected by a pistol shot.

It's even worse the way that levels inflate HP.

Also, why would gun damage be tied to skill? I can see why aim would be affected, but bullets don't hit harder just because you are a better shot.

They would hit harder because you improve making the shells. This affects range as well. You also get better at leaning and polishing the weapon, which improves trajectory and speed leaving the barrel. (which directly affects accuracy, distance, and impact speed/damage.)

I should also note, that this game wasn't designed with the intent of PvP at all. It's not balanced for PvP play, and the population of PvP players is so small that it is only likely to get some balancing for that playstyle after the PC game is finished.

I agree in that it's sad how weak the pistol is in this game (since it's my favorite weapon in any game) and how the game difficulty is tied to zombie HP making them more and more spongy.

Also, I make my own real life bullets. Aside from gun powder quality and quantity, a polished barrel isn't going to do that much in the way of accuracy or velocity since the bullet is likely going to clean it for you on the first shot anyways. Not really clean per say, but clean enough to not affect the shot much. Pro shooters obsess over a clean gun cuz they need that 1 - 5% benefit for that precise long range shot and also don't want their gun jamming on them.

Sylenthunder, if this game wasn't meant for pvp, then why do we have 3 or 4 trophies tied to pvp?

1. It was originally a bug, and was left in by player demand.

2. The Trophies weren't set by TFP. Originally they were set by Steam, and carried over to Sony/MS by Telltale.

1. It was originally a bug, and was left in by player demand.

I'd like to find out who these dumbasses are so I can slap them upside the head. Cuz it's literally the only achievements I don't have completed yet.

I dont have them or the deaths. Been playing since july of 16. Hit my 25 death trophy, and only have 1 pvp kill

Ya, I had to set myself up on a tower with a bedroll on top and just put a weight on the W key to kill myself over and over. and wrote a script for the left click on the re-spawn to bedroll interaction. I cheesed a few other ones too cuz there was no way I'd ever get them legitimately due to my play-style and experience with the game.

The killing one on the other hand. I either need to waste my spare game key code on a separate account and create a kill script so I can kill the dummy character over and over, or I'd need to find someone else who'd be willing to be a guinea pig for a few hours straight. Which means, it's unlikely to ever happen.

To strengthen the pistol, put the trigger-burst mod on it and aim for the head with level 5 gunslinger and Boom! Headshot perks :)

I don't know... I never use that mod. Just seems like a waste of bullets.

I mainly just keep the pistol on me instead of bow so that if I fall through a floor into a trap with lots of zeds, I just whip out the pistol and unload to give myself space and time to get ready for melee kamikaze mode. Usually works well for that.

You do realize what part of the forums you're in, right?

To be fair, even I forgot. It's not like it's blatant in your face "Console Section". When you click on "New Posts", everything gets mixed in like 1 big happy family with no filter options because dev logic.

Archived