RWG somehow broken

Gedzas

Hello,

My Random World Generation is broken somehow. Whenever I generate a random world, biome borders generate badly, there are quite big biome squares all over the place (ill upload an image, its hard to explain). This started happening when I started modding the game so I thought its some mod doing this, but today I did a fresh install of the game, deleted the 7dtd folders in appdata/Roaming and appdata/LocalLow folders aswell and its still happening. What could be the problem?

https://imgur.com/a/UFr3IiX

Ive tried it out, and get the same behavior, the biomes are placed in rough 8x8 squares.

You could technically manually edit the biomes.png to smooth that out. Looks like a bug in the biome map generation, and should be easy to fix for the developers.

That picture is the default zoomed in image you get when doing map generation. Really it's only displaying about a quarter of a region file. You would need to zoom it out to see the whole map. Personally, you're not going to see a huge improvement though.

It is true that RWG is basically broken right now. I've been making my maps using 17.1 and loading them into 17.2.

You can generate a world, and then open the biomes.png in an editor.

The biome pixels are arranged in rough 8x8 squares (they work fine as single pixels in game), so there is an actual problem in the generated output.

At the end, it will make the biome-transitions look rougher than they would need to be.

.. anyway, you can have a look at my mentioned generation tool. Its an alternative to the inbuild RWG.

You dont need to mod any files of the vanilla game, it just creates the new gameworld with a different method. (and smoother biome transitions)

SylenThunder please explain how this is to be done

I guess it would mean, going into steam, selecting 17.1 download that, copy entire game folder to somewhere else, redownloading 17.2

Running 17.1 from that other folder and then copying saved map to 17.2 folder..ish

SylenThunder please explain how this is to be done

I guess it would mean, going into steam, selecting 17.1 download that, copy entire game folder to somewhere else, redownloading 17.2

Running 17.1 from that other folder and then copying saved map to 17.2 folder..ish

Yep, that's pretty close. I use this method to have both versions at once. Then you can just copy the World folder from the 17.1 client to the 17.2 client.

For example, I have the default game in "D:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die" and the older version in "D:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7DaysToDie_17.1".

So after creating the new world in 17.1, the world folder "Pacobe County" is created.

I would then copy "D:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7DaysToDie_17.1\Data\Worlds\Pacobe County" over to the "D:\SteamGames\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Worlds" folder.

Alternatively the tool Damocles offers is an exceptional tool, and is not a mod to install in your client.

Archived