Setting quality for item drop after destroying an object

Tristam

(shoutout to JSS https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=JSS+7days) and mjrice.

I've change the Just Survive Somehow (JSS) mod and made my own, personal character class mod. Now, I'm trying to choose what quality the items that spawn come out as. Can someone help me out? What do I add or change? Please, and thank you.

<block name="SMG Suitcase">

<property name="DisplayType" value="blockHardened" />

<property name="Material" value="Mcloth"/>

<property name="LightOpacity" value="0"/>

<property name="Shape" value="Ext3dModel"/> <property name="Texture" value="293"/>

<property name="IsTerrainDecoration" value="true"/>

<property name="Collide" value="melee,bullet,arrow,rocket"/>

<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>

<property name="CustomIcon" value="cntFetchQuestSatchel"/>

<property name="Model" value="Entities/LootContainers/loot_satchelPrefab"/>

<property name="Place" value="TowardsPlacerInverted"/>

<property name="MaxDamage" value="1"/>

<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>

<property name="StabilityIgnore" value="true" /> <!-- gravity shmavity -->

<drop event="Destroy" name="gunSMG5" count="1"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="ammo9mmBullet" count="180"/>

</block>

I would have a look at this https://github.com/stallionsden/StallionModlets/tree/master/StallionsdensSpecialforcesCases

Basically you need to add a lootlist id for the block to look at and then to choose quality of items you have to do it through loot.xml and then you can specify the tier level.

This is a very good example of how to create starter packs ... and I would follow this method myself if I wanted something similar, Stallionsden has done the hard work already.

Thank you very much once again, Ragsy.

EDIT: after trying these, the qualities are still random. I'm just using what he has, no modifying.

Just for my own ease, would it be possible to have this style for destruction based loot drop? So I don't have to start over?

EDIT 2: I haven't looked into it yet, but I also want to find a good, custom workbench-esque item to do all these class crafting in so as not to clutter the inventory. Off the top of anyone's head, do they know one? Might save me some research time. IIRC Tactical Weapons does, but I had to disable to get something else to behave. I don't recall what or why, so I need something else.

But it needs to be a workbench/cement mixer thing, not a forge or chem station.

Heres a example from A16-

<lootgroup name="weaponsMagnumParts">
	<item name="parts44Magnum_cylinder" quality="2,5" prob="25" />
	<item name="parts44Magnum_frame" quality="2,5" prob="25" />
	<item name="parts44Magnum_grip" quality="2,5" prob="25" />
	<item name="parts44Magnum_parts" quality="2,5" prob="25" />
</lootgroup>

Make a Block that the player places that when broken downgrades into a loot container that always spawns the starter items you want. Set up the items that spawn in the loot.xml

Archived