So I hear some of you are looking for bones...

ricp

That choice won't have to be made. The devs have already stated that they plan to make bones more granular like they did meat. Instead of a femur it will just be called "bone" (although I like "bone fragments").

Then they will be able to make it so you get something like 3-5 bone from snakes, chickens, vultures, rabbits and 6-10 bones from dogs, wolves, boars, and deer, and 11-15 bones from bears and then a certain amount from gore piles and garbage. Then they will adjust the glue recipe accordingly.

This will help the perks that increase bone harvesting to actually work properly and it should make modding the scarcity or bounty of bones easier to control depending on your preferences.

Thanks for the reply.

Should you get bones from snakes? I mean sure, they have bones, but like this...

Snake_skeleton.jpg

Those would be more suited to fishing hooks or sewing needles, should they be introduced of course.

As I've said I'm not all that bothered about the number of resources. Each Alpha brings with it it's own foibles. It seems to rustle the jimmies of some, though, so I suppose it's a fair thing to look at.

Just add bones to the loot table of zombies as well and *BAM* reason to fight zombies is back!

This feeds into the "reason" for zombies, are they a farmable resource as they are in A16 or a genuine annoyance as they are now. I should say I quite like the annoyance factor in A17.

Thanks for the reply.

Should you get bones from snakes? I mean sure, they have bones, but like this...

Snake_skeleton.jpg

Those would be more suited to fishing hooks or sewing needles, should they be introduced of course.

As I've said I'm not all that bothered about the number of resources. Each Alpha brings with it it's own foibles. It seems to rustle the jimmies of some, though, so I suppose it's a fair thing to look at.

This feeds into the "reason" for zombies, are they a farmable resource as they are in A16 or a genuine annoyance as they are now. I should say I quite like the annoyance factor in A17.

My comment was more to answer the "Zombie don't drop loot or gore blocks, there's no reason to do horde night anymore I just ride my bike all night now" crowd.

As far as the recipe for glue is concerned, 7 Days to die is not very accurate anyway. If you look at the historical recipes for glue, it was mostly hide that was used to make glue and not bones.

I think another inaccuracy is not so problematic.

Archived