Stairs, barbed wire, and zombie pathing.

ktr

Exactly. This must have been a oversight in the first place. I believe they will definitely change that in the future.

From what I've read of the Dev posts the current AI is meant for bandits. They will tune it down for the zombies later on. Bandits should be smart enough to avoid traps.

From what I've read of the Dev posts the current AI is meant for bandits. They will tune it down for the zombies later on. Bandits should be smart enough to avoid traps.

They have already started tuning it down. A17.2 has introduced random stupid zombies that give up on their pathway and go into destruction mode on nearby blocks.

Thanks for the additional suggestions!

Now, for something a little strange.

I wanted to test the doors a bit more. So, I made rings of walls, two blocks apart with each wall made of stronger materials going towards the centers. The outer ring was reinforced wood, next wall was the 1000hp iron, concrete next, then reinforced concrete, and finally steel. There does seem to be some preference given to doors as long as the door isn't substantially stronger than the wall material. Zombies would target a 2500hp door in the reinforced wood wall, but totally ignored the vault door and went through the wall right next to it. Not unexpected, but here's the weird part.

When they got to the concrete layer, they seemed to ignore the door except for one lone Arlene who valiantly tried to beat down the vault door alone. However, the rest didn't just beat down a section of wall and come through. Instead, they made a loop around the entire wall and took out every other second block up. Once they took out one block, they would skip the next block (some minor damage) and then move to the next and tear it out - rinse and repeat.

Archived