Radioactive plants, irradiated areas

KrashYT22

In previous versions of the game there was an outfit of scientists, which provided protection from radiation. But the radiation was just beyond the edge of the map and that's it.

1. Why not continue this idea? Make some cool plants that will be irradiated with radiation, and there will be more rare loot. The same recipes are rare weapon modifications. It is possible to remove some equipment from training, and make it in the form of recipes, and fill these radioactive zones with these recipes. For example, the same transport.

2. It will make sense to mine or craft a chemist's suit. You can add a radioactive disease, tablets from it, the same alcohol.

3. In such places you can add new types of zombies. Which are not just the living dead, but mutated zombies. For example, some of them may hang from the ceiling, sleep in this form. And if the player does not check the ceilings, and makes noises, they will jump on him.

4. You can link quests with such places.

5. I will not name these games, which have a couple of them. But in them I liked a great chip - an element of puzzles.

-For example, to open the door, you need to find a magnetic card in the building. Or a door that starts from the generator, etc. TD.

- The only thing is that in those games there is no choice, you have to decide. In our game, it will be, because if you have a sledgehammer, you can spend 5-10 minutes and knock out a door, or a concrete wall, without straining your brains.

!!! . Literally now the thought came to mind - to add doors to the game under electrical voltage. In some steep buildings, these will stand for players as traps, for example, if the electricity is not over in this house, you have to cut it down, because if you hit the door with a metal weapon, you will be shocked.

And it will also be possible to use such doors as additional protection-trap from zombies.

While the thought has stopped at this, I will be glad to read what you think about it. The main idea of ​​course was the addition of radioactive plants (the plant is purely an example, it can be any conditional interesting building, or place)

In previous versions of the game there was an outfit of scientists, which provided protection from radiation. But the radiation was just beyond the edge of the map and that's it.

You mean the hazmat suite ? It never provided any protection against radiation. capp00 tested this in one of his videos.

You mean the hazmat suite ? It never provided any protection against radiation. capp00 tested this in one of his videos.

Yes, I meant this set. Yes, I did not check it worked or not, but the description could be assumed. However, the point is to finally put this into practice in the future, so that the suit makes sense

There were many tests with various level of hazmat items. It was possible to entirely cancel the radiations. Some youtubers explore the radiated city with minibike and fights.

As much as its an interesting suggestion, it all falls flat against how the game works sadly. And i mean progression.

If you had a situation that each biome consisted of zombies of varying difficulty (more hp, more hit power, etc.), resources of different quality (for example you could find better loot in Snow and the best in Wasteland) then it would be a lot more clear that if you want to "progress" or get better items, you have to venture into more dangerous areas. Adding a new area like that would mean something, because it would push the "endgame" further.

Sadly, almost any zombie in the game can show up practically at a sufficiently high GameStage with only a handful of biome specific ones - each and every one of them not hindering your progress in any way though. This means that you could venture anywhere and make a base anywhere. Even considering tough Lumberjacks in the Snow or behemoth-like zombie bears in the Wasteland, i never had big problems with traversing these areas.

SIDE NOTE: Hitting a door with a sledgehammer for 5-10 minutes? There aren't any vault doors (which would make the biggest resistance) in POIs, so i presume any door you could encounter would fall under 15 seconds ;)

The radiated zone is the final game challenge. It requires a ton of preparation (hazmat, heals, multiple minibikes...), and some caution with healing ans stuns (unless you cancel all radiation damage). This was in A16, idk now.

As for loot suggestion, it would be a great place to find some new mutant seeds

There were many tests with various level of hazmat items. It was possible to entirely cancel the radiations. Some youtubers explore the radiated city with minibike and fights.

The radiated zone is the final game challenge. It requires a ton of preparation (hazmat, heals, multiple minibikes...), and some caution with healing ans stuns (unless you cancel all radiation damage). This was in A16, idk now.

As for loot suggestion, it would be a great place to find some new mutant seeds

I think you're confusing a modded version here with vanilla.

In vanilla there was never a complete protection against radiation. I tested it with a complete Q600 hazmat suite. It made no difference.

And there is also no radiated city. There is a flat piece of land in Navezgane in the middle of the radioactive zone but there are no houses there. It is possible that there are mods who have built something like this into the game but this has nothing to do with the unmodified game.

I think you're confusing a modded version here with vanilla.

In vanilla there was never a complete protection against radiation. I tested it with a complete Q600 hazmat suite. It made no difference.

And there is also no radiated city. There is a flat piece of land in Navezgane in the middle of the radioactive zone but there are no houses there. It is possible that there are mods who have built something like this into the game but this has nothing to do with the unmodified game.

I beg to differ. In A16.4 on a vanilla RWG server, I had a full set of 600 quality Hazmat gear, and it did provide complete protection against radiation, and there were cities out past the radiation zone. I can't remember if any were completely generated out in the radiation zone, or if parts of the cities were inside the non-irradiated border of the map, but there were definitely cities in the radiation zone. I know this well, because I was looting them when most other people couldn't, pretty much guaranteeing that I would always find loot respawned and not disturbed in these area.

It would look like I was taking damage...I would hear the sound of my character being hurt, and see the blood on the screen, but my health never went down. I even tested to see if I would start taking damage if I removed one piece of the full set of Hazmat gear, and as soon as I did, I started taking damage. As soon as I put it back on, the damage stopped.

Archived