Problem with FPS

Szynsz

Hello,

I have big fluctuations of fps from 30 to 8, I do not know why. Changing graphic settings to low does not help, This is lack of RAM? Below my computer specification:

(Sorry for my english i use google translator)

Summary
	Operating System
		Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
	CPU
		Intel Core i7 4720HQ @ 2.60GHz	81 °C
		Haswell 22nm Technology
	RAM
		8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
	Motherboard
		LENOVO Lenovo Y50-70 (U3E1)
	Graphics
		Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
		Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Lenovo)
		4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (Lenovo)	80 °C
		ForceWare version: 419.17
		SLI Disabled
	Storage
		238GB Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB ATA Device (SATA (SSD))	32 °C
		931GB ASMT 2115 USB Device (USB (SATA) )	36 °C
	Optical Drives
		No optical disk drives detected
	Audio
		Realtek High Definition Audio

Yeah, you're basically right there at the minimum spec for a17, and on a laptop which makes matters worse. Once your system heats up from a little bit of gaming with 7DTD, it'll throttle the CPU down to keep it cool. Since the CPU is one of the largest factors in performance, that's going to have a huge effect.

You should be ok with only 8GB RAM, as long as you shut down other programs when playing. Browsers in particular are notorious for eating available RAM. You've already got 1.6GB being used for the OS, and the client needs a minimum of 6GB to run well. Once you get over your available RAM, it starts using the Page-file, and then your FPS tanks because performing SI calculations on your hard disk is a hell of a lot slower than doing it in RAM.

Increasing the RAM will help some with the dives into the single-digits. Since that's a mobile platform, upgrading the CPU isn't really viable. Just make sure it's got really good airflow, and is free of dust bunnies.

- - - Updated - - -

Once the client is optimized better, you should see improvement. a17 is really brutal on hardware specs atm.

Shutting down literally every other program that's running on your system, and unnecessary background processes. Make certain the client is excluded from AV software so it's not wasting CPU cycles, and this also keeps it from holding up client processes and creating an extra delay in data. Look into software like Park Control for locking in the most performance from your system. It also doesn't hurt to spend a few bucks on one of those laptop cooling pads.

Process optimization is going to be a large factor for you. If you want to provide a link to a published Speccy report, I can go through some steps for you on it. Instructions are in the Sticky thread.

Archived