My Mod concept teaser to see if any interest

Sorrowthief

So after many pain staking alphas with me not being able to develop my full story/quest mod I have found some tricks with the help of some cool people to finally pull it off this time. Thanks Telric for all the help! So this mod when completed will be story driven. You play a scientist who was sent into the hot zone to find a cure. They sent you with a group of solders but they all die and you are the only one still left alive to complete the mission. Because they all had essential skills that made them valuable to the squad you now will be tasked with rescuing survivors who will be the main way to teach you how to survive while you are in this hell hole. It will be a struggle as each survivor will require meds, water, food, and supplies to keep them alive and teaching you.

I spent a good part of my life as a touring rock musician in real life so I have all this recording gear now and a huge part of the mod will be in the form of audio clips. As you will see in this teaser you will be in constant contact with the Squad commander by an earpiece you still have in your ear. There will be hidden and secret quest all over the world along with custom prefabs that tie into the story. It will be a long process but I have finally developed almost every part of the mod to a working concept. The next part will be to build it completely using these methods. These are my family and friends doing the voice acting so go easy please :)

Im sorry for the overlay of the free screen recorder, it's all I got atm. This first part still had a few bugs like the starting quest popping up wont be there when finished and the blur of the eyes will clear sooner but you will get the idea. Unique spawning spot that starts you out right in the story and sets the tone. I'm posting here just to see if anyone digs the idea and see how much interest there is. I also did not really know where it should be posted since it's not a mod yet... Enjoy

follow the link to see the teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5icNXSSZ_8

Very good start. I thought the voice acting was excellent by the way. From the apocalyptic newscast, to the memories of loved ones been a driving force to fuel the character with the fire to live, as well as providing context to the player about his back story.

Lots of good games have that buddy anchor system also. That guiding voice that sheperds the player. All the while providing texture, setting atmosphere and background. Only problem I had with it, was that I wanted more, but it ended.

I would change the earpiece idea with something like a communication implant. A mission that important would never be trusted to such weak tech. If you had plans later on in your story for the character to lose communication with the anchor, you could work in a blow to the head or radiation damage. Just my thoughts. I've watched the video four times... I would play this in a heartbeat.

https://obsproject.com that's a link to rock-solid, free video recording software with many years of development under it's belt, if you need a clean one for showcasing more samples of the project, or want to use it to create videos to be used inside your mod. There are SDX mods here on the forums that would give you the tools to walk that path if you wish.

Best of luck with it.

Very good start. I thought the voice acting was excellent by the way. From the apocalyptic newscast, to the memories of loved ones been a driving force to fuel the character with the fire to live, as well as providing context to the player about his back story.

Lots of good games have that buddy anchor system also. That guiding voice that sheperds the player. All the while providing texture, setting atmosphere and background. Only problem I had with it, was that I wanted more, but it ended.

I would change the earpiece idea with something like a communication implant. A mission that important would never be trusted to such weak tech. If you had plans later on in your story for the character to lose communication with the anchor, you could work in a blow to the head or radiation damage. Just my thoughts. I've watched the video four times... I would play this in a heartbeat.

https://obsproject.com that's a link to rock-solid, free video recording software with many years of development under it's belt, if you need a clean one for showcasing more samples of the project, or want to use it to create videos to be used inside your mod. There are SDX mods here on the forums that would give you the tools to walk that path if you wish.

Best of luck with it.

Thanks a lot, I agree with the ear piece being too low tech and love the idea of a blow to the head later. From my last attempt to create this back in 14.6 I have a full story but it is very open and leaves a lot of room for specifics and I tend to write and create in the moment. Song writing for me was always that way and I guess it stuck. I think it leaves room for inspiration to inspire and contribute more than if you have a complete story line and stick to in strictly from start to finish. I may have put it out too soon as it will be a good while before it is even close to being done but hearing ideas from you and others inspires me to possibly make a mod post about it and show my progress and keep getting ideas and suggestions from you all.

Archived