(1.0/A21) bdubyah's modlets

bdubyah

Go into game and push the F1 key. This is for the console.

At the top right is a message with 'Open logs folder'. Click on it.

It will take you somewhere like this location C:\Users\Thubba31\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\logs, but with your own setup info.

The logs will be named such as 'output_log_client_2024_08_18_00-00-01.txt'

Copy all of that info and paste it at pastebin.

https://pastebin.com/

Click on the 'Create new Paste' and share that link in here.

5 hours ago, Tbubba31 said:

For whatever reason the mod only worked for me when I downloaded it from nexus mods instead of 7daystodiemods.

Check the one you downloaded from 7daystodiemods. It may have had an extra folder that you didn't need. The folder you install should be called BdubsVehicles. Always check when installing a mod that the folder you drag into your Mods folder has the modinfo.xml file inside it, and not just another folder. That causes the mod to not load.

On 8/16/2024 at 8:39 PM, bdubyah said:

image.thumb.png.7093c43a19db43c492d8c52dabd0da48.png

They should show up. If you aren't seeing them you likely have some errors somewhere. A log would help.

I have a question for you Could you make a vehicle first person view mod that works with 1.0

On 8/22/2024 at 2:03 AM, bdubyah said:

Didn't someone else make a mod like that? Maybe it hasn't been updated. Either way, not something I'm interested in doing. Don't have the time currently anyway. 

the person who made it is no longer interested in updating it and I understand you

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

My server ran out of space
, after fixing that I have been hitting an issue with getting Wasteland running again.

The console is just showing this
-

at NGUIWindowManager.Update () [0x0001a] in <ded705e45a4e4000a6ba835789bdd6fe>:0

TypeLoadException: Invalid type World for instance field GameManager:m_World
TypeLoadException: Invalid type XUi[] for instance field System.Collections.Generic.List`1[XUi]:_items
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'XUiUpdater' threw an exception.
at XUiUpdateHelper.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <ded705e45a4e4000a6ba835789bdd6fe>:0
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I've tried to set up a fresh A21 server, which works fine, even with a fresh copy of the mod- provided I use the Navesgane map. But trying to load any of the Wasteland maps results in the above.

Any ideas
?

5 hours ago, Nekatu said:

Hi all,

My server ran out of space
, after fixing that I have been hitting an issue with getting Wasteland running again.

The console is just showing this-

at NGUIWindowManager.Update () [0x0001a] in <ded705e45a4e4000a6ba835789bdd6fe>:0

TypeLoadException: Invalid type XUi[] for instance field System.Collections.Generic.List`1[XUi]:_items
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'XUiUpdater' threw an exception.
at XUiUpdateHelper.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <ded705e45a4e4000a6ba835789bdd6fe>:0
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I've tried to set up a fresh A21 server, which works fine, even with a fresh copy of the mod- provided I use the Navesgane map. But trying to load any of the Wasteland maps results in the above.

Any ideas?

Grab FullAutoLauncher and RandomMainMenuBackground from Nexus, under the Old Files section. You are likely running versions meant for 1.0.

FAL should be version 1.2.3 from Feb, and RMMB should be 1.0.3 also from Feb.

17 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Grab FullAutoLauncher and RandomMainMenuBackground from Nexus, under the Old Files section. You are likely running versions meant for 1.0.

FAL should be version 1.2.3 from Feb, and RMMB should be 1.0.3 also from Feb.

Thanks for coming back to me- I'm still using the same version of the mod as before- just checked and both of those are still 1.2.3 and 1.0.3 respectively.

For some reason the game doesn't seem to like the maps at all, even if I replace them from my local version of the game.

13 hours ago, Nekatu said:

Thanks for coming back to me- I'm still using the same version of the mod as before- just checked and both of those are still 1.2.3 and 1.0.3 respectively.

For some reason the game doesn't seem to like the maps at all, even if I replace them from my local version of the game.

Huh. Not sure. A whole log might help. Are you sure there weren't any leftovers?

14 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Huh. Not sure. A whole log might help. Are you sure there weren't any leftovers?

I trashed the server again and rebuilt it; seems to be stable now.

No idea as I did the same thing before, but anyway- all seems well.

Thanks for the help; love the mod! :D