Looking for mod to further progression

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm assuming it is because it's the mods subforum.

Basically, I'm using a mod to reduce perks down to 1 point per level, and I'd like to have primary perks go to 20 (30 with buffs like glasses, steroids, etc?), and the secondary perks to 10. Is this possible? If it's already done, I just can't find it and if someone could link it, I'd appreciate it.

I know it would make the game easier, but I've balanced it out with a bunch of mods to make more zombies spawn and hit harder, so I'm thinking I'll be more of a badass to take on a bigger horde.

Thank you for your help.

-- Lana

Hello everyone,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm assuming it is because it's the mods subforum.

Basically, I'm using a mod to reduce perks down to 1 point per level, and I'd like to have primary perks go to 20 (30 with buffs like glasses, steroids, etc?), and the secondary perks to 10. Is this possible? If it's already done, I just can't find it and if someone could link it, I'd appreciate it.

I know it would make the game easier, but I've balanced it out with a bunch of mods to make more zombies spawn and hit harder, so I'm thinking I'll be more of a badass to take on a bigger horde.

Thank you for your help.

-- Lana

Yes, its possible. But the descriptions for the perks, as far as I know, cant be changed without messing with localization - which cant be done via xpath.

I was working on one and gave up when I realized this. The descriptions would not match what the perk would actually do and it would still say that level x is required even if it actually isn't.

A mod that I have now (called kh lockpicks, though they don't work.) has a batch file to merge localization into the game.

Even if the perk level and description didn't line up, would the effects be there? If so, I'd like that mod. With EzPerks level and perk gating are gone, so I wouldn't have to deal with things not lining up.

Do you think you can take another crack at it?

-- Lana

Yes, its possible. But the descriptions for the perks, as far as I know, cant be changed without messing with localization - which cant be done via xpath.

I was working on one and gave up when I realized this. The descriptions would not match what the perk would actually do and it would still say that level x is required even if it actually isn't.

You can manipulate the descriptions without Localization by doing this (from one of my progression mods):

<perk name="perkWeaponsGunsMarksmanship" parent="skillWeaponsGuns" name_key="Marksmanship" desc_key="More accuracy and quicker reload 30% chance to stun on max level." icon="ui_game_symbol_bullet_point">

Mind you, it does try to look for that desc_key in Localization but it obviously doesn't exist so it simply displays what you wrote.

You can manipulate the descriptions without Localization by doing this (from one of my progression mods):

<perk name="perkWeaponsGunsMarksmanship" parent="skillWeaponsGuns" name_key="Marksmanship" desc_key="More accuracy and quicker reload 30% chance to stun on max level." icon="ui_game_symbol_bullet_point">

Mind you, it does try to look for that desc_key in Localization but it obviously doesn't exist so it simply displays what you wrote.

Good to know. You could then put the requirements in the description so the player knows to ignore the requirements that appear when you hover over the perk.

Thanks

Attributes to 20.

Using xpath and reading other mods I think I've worked it out to where you can level attributes to 20. They already have stuff in place for the bonuses, and work.

Perks on the other hand I am not entirely sure how to manage. I'll look into it more at another time, the attributes alone will be a big change.

-- Lana

Expanded Leveling.zip

I've used the following xpaths in one of my progression.xml's:

strip out level requirements alltogether:

<remove xpath="/progression/perks/perk/level_requirements/requirement[@name='PlayerLevel']" />

set all skillpoint requirements to 1 skillpoint

<set xpath="/progression/perks/perk/level_requirements/requirement[@desc_key='reqGenericPoints02' or @desc_key='reqGenericPoints03' or @desc_key='reqGenericPoints04' or @desc_key='reqGenericPoints05']/@desc_key>reqGenericPoints01</set>

Most perks seem to have a basic set of stuff left or can be easilly extended untill level 10 but reactivating them appears to need an extra set of appends which I can't write right now.

Is it possible to use this for just items and such? I can't seem to get it work.

I can't get the desc_key thing to work for me either.

As for the appends, I've finished making Perception Traits, I'm working on Strength, once I get going it's not too bad. And hopefully it'll be a one time thing.

One problem is the descriptions hide what's going on under the hood, without the descriptions, you can see duplicates of stuff (for example deep cuts 6-10 show two sets of dismember, but it's really for bladed weapons and chainsaw.)

When I'm done I'll post it. Again, lazy, so if I do it now, I won't have to do it later. And hopefully it'll be static enough that I won't have to make a lot of changes, cause I don't want to. If it works for my local game, I'm less likely to want to change things. so maybe I can do the basic one, and then someone can take over support.

-- Lana

Expanded Leveling with CVar Buff Enhancements.

Well, it took much longer than I thought, but here's an expanded leveling set done in xpath. I added buffs for the skills that were based off of them, but didn't modify stuff like Gunslinger or Stay Down! because they're already in a pretty good place.

This makes your character godlike, so play on a harder difficulty and probably with more zombie spawns. :p

Anywho, enjoy.

-- Lana

EDIT: Fixed the perks that weren't working like TheHuntsman. It was a mod conflict along with bad syntax. Everything looks OK? So, give it a shot please.

Fixed recipes for living off the land, fixed stun in pain tolerance.

Parkour seems to only stop you from breaking your leg from a jump, but not if you get swung on, looking at both progression and buffs.

I was getting a sprained leg from a spider zombie. The logic is set up that if it's higher than 4/5 that it gives the bonus, so I didn't have to change anything.

Pain Tolerance should be fixed.

Crafting Seeds is fixed.

Added lines for Sol's Chicken Coops and Rabbit Snares.

zExpanded Leveling.zip

Archived