Modding Zombie AI? Reduce the # of Zombies That Can Hit the Same Block?

OldManBrian

Has anyone done any modding on the zombie AI?

I'm wanting to reduce the # of zombies that can simultaneously hit the same block to about 3 or so. Any other zombies that *want* to hit the same block would either have to wait their turn or find an adjacent block.

Also, I'd like them to think that doors have 20% their actual durability, so that they generally zero in on those as possible weakpoints.

Trying to figure out where to get started on this, is it doable?

I don't think this is possible because you would have to have variables store values representing which three zombies were currently hitting a block, plus timers to help remove those values when a zombie stops... or methods to clear those values when a zombie hits a different block instead. Way too much overhead!

I think the real thing you want to change is the group damage bonus they get when they are together. For that, I don't know where or if it can be changed, but that might give you some information to help you find it if it exists.

As a work around, you could duplicate all the zombies in EntityClasses.xml and on the new set remove the BreakBlock AITask. Then in spawning you can decide how many of each type will spawn. So you would have ZobieNurse and a ZombieNurseNohitblocks. On the nohitblocks version remove the BreakBlock AITask and then reorder the numbers so there is no gap.

Archived