Gyro-copter take-off advice

Ghostlight

Anyone care to describe their approach to getting the Gyro-copter to take off? Now it is fair to say that I changed the vehicle.xml file to increase the Gyro's speed to 25,25. Once I did that, take off has become rather tricky and I crash a lot due to lack of runway. So any thoughts that might help me improve my take-off would be appreciated.

Also, control with the mouse. It's much more stable if you just point the mouse forward, than trying to make corrections with the keyboard.

Please tell me how to do that because it doesn't work once you're airborne. Pressing LMB doesn't switch to mouse control for the Gyro like it does for all other vehicles (which is my preferred method). All it does is lock you on the yaw and prevents the mouse movements from tilting it.

Make a runway. Or take off from a larger height.

Not practical since I am darting all over the map in it to do quests.

I guess my main question is....when do you press space, and when you do, do you hold it, tap it, or just press it once?

Please tell me how to do that because it doesn't work once you're airborne. Pressing LMB doesn't switch to mouse control for the Gyro like it does for all other vehicles (which is my preferred method). All it does is lock you on the yaw and prevents the mouse movements from tilting it.

I meant while you're still on the ground, during taking off.

Holding space never worked for me so I keep tapping it when I feel like I gained enough speed to take off, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't :D

Archived