Making harder biomes give more loot - onSelfEnteredBiome buff?

zackss

I'm looking for a way to give harder biomes like snow and wasteland a more desirable purpose by increasing the loot you get from containers within them. I'd like to find something that can be applied via XPath modding rather than modifying the RWG mixer or creating clones of POIs with modified loot.

I came across the onSelfEnteredBiome trigger in the buffs.xml, does anyone know how to use it? Is there a CVar for which biome you're in? If that worked you could just give a perk that increased LootGamestage while in the hard biomes.

Unfortunately I don't even know how to start. Biomes don't have the same "tags" attributes that zombies and items have, so other than just trial and error for a feature that might not even exist I'm stuck. I did check the player cvars, but none of them indicate biome. You might be able to hack the radiation value to something less than deadly radiation, as that value is visible in player cvars, but I don't know where to actually set that for a biome (it doesn't appear in biomes.xml).

I'm quite new at this, but...

entityclasses.xml

by modding/adding new container (ie for snow zed)

<property name="LootDropEntityClass" value="EntityLootContainerRegular"/>

and those u can mod/edit/add at loot.xml, ie. lootcontainer id="70" ?

You should create new lootcontainer than just mod/add it to binome zed of your choice/name.

If you are looking (untested, but i dont see reason not to work) to mod only binome, than you would need blocks.xml for loot spawn or making new block with certain loot drop(ie another sedan). than just trow that block under one of(or all) <subbiome prob="0.1"> in <biome name="snow" biomemapcolor="#FFFFFF"> at binomes.xml and add chance to spawn?

Both should be doable with modlet(with xpath) or directly tru file.

Cheers

You're basically looking to temporarily increase loot luck on entering a biome, so remember you also have to remove it when you leave the biome. Unfortunately, I do not think that either onEnter trigger works yet.

Test it by giving yourself a visual effect like Ring of fire and inter biome to see.

- - - Updated - - -

It is a really good idea by the way. :-)

Archived