Mod Launcher vs Manual Install

Jamolisim

Starting A17 now...want to use modlets and maybe an overhaul. I’ve always done it manually by moving files into mods folder but recently heard about mod launcher. Which is a better method?

If I want to remove a modlet, is it better to delete folder or through launcher? I want to make sure of avoiding conflicts b/w mods too. Thoughts?

It really depends on the person. I prefer the manual method but that is because I like opening up and tinkering with the mods or merging them even though it isn't really necessary anymore with modlets. I am just a little ocd when it comes to saving space. You get that way when you used have a 64 megabyte hard drive to work with. If you you keep mods as is, then the mod launcher is simpler and more convenient. It is also a lot easier to stay on top of updates if you don't check every new post in the mod section everyday.

I'd definitely say mod launcher for this. Even if you do like tinkering with the modlets, you can just rename them and tinker. But the mod launcher is by far the most fool proof way to get any mod, it just take the guess work out of everything. Back before i started modding a different modder sent me his mod with the install instructions: "Just put it in there" LOL I was sooo lost, put what, where? haha So mod launcher totally bypasses this. :-)

Archived