Need help, bugs compounded and it's really annoying

Mephistopheles

Ok so I turned in a buried treasure quest and the White River Supplies remained in my inventory and I can't get rid of it. This has happened before and I just dealt with it, but this time, the only room I had when I looted the supplies was on my toolbelt. So now I'm stuck with a bugged quest item that didn't get taken from me, and I cannot move it at all and I'm down a toolbelt slot that I really need. I tried "G", I tried replacing it with other items, I tried selling my soul to the Dark Lord (Hail Satan). Nothing has worked. Please help if anyone knows how I can do some black magic, even in the files, and get my toolbelt slot back. Thank you for your time. Hail Satan.

well apparently, your dark lord has forsaken you.

does the quest remain in your inventory? Was (I'm hoping) it a different trader you got the quest from. It has to go back to the correct trader.

Maybe if you die it will get rid of it, but there may be a chance with the new system it will automatically put it back. Once it's in your bag you can't move it regardless.

single player or mp? if mp you can die and let your buddy pick it up :) or take all your stuff out and give it to you.

if the quest is still in your inventory, try dropping it?

well apparently, your dark lord has forsaken you.

does the quest remain in your inventory? Was (I'm hoping) it a different trader you got the quest from. It has to go back to the correct trader.

Maybe if you die it will get rid of it, but there may be a chance with the new system it will automatically put it back. Once it's in your bag you can't move it regardless.

single player or mp? if mp you can die and let your buddy pick it up :) or take all your stuff out and give it to you.

if the quest is still in your inventory, try dropping it?

SP, quest completes and is removed from the log. It's a known bug. The other known bug is things getting stuck in your toolbelt, but the workaround is pretty simple as you just have to use G to drop it then pick it back up. But you can't drop a quest item, so here I am, damned to an eternity of gnashing teeth and bloody rape in Hades, and still don't have my lost toolbelt slot to show for all my efforts. Hail Satan.

Oh and you can move it if it's in your bag by hitting the Organize button, just not manually. Hail Satan.

aw shoot, so turning it off and on won't help either.

Someone with more coding might be able to help here, maybe you can put a can't pick up true false statement on quest items ?

Good idea, I'll dig around and see if I can find a backend toggle. I just tried changing my settings to "Drop Toolbelt Only on Quit" and everything but the Supplies were dropped into a backpack when I relogged. Hail Satan.

Couldn't find anything in the files, but found another report here - https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/1/1743353798882658472/.

And what happened to that Shadow guy is what happened to me. Basically I looted the chest, but I noticed that my quest log hadn't changed to the turn-in objective, and the small wandering horde that spawns when you loot a buried quest chest was nowhere in sight. So I check the chest again and find the Supplies in the chest so I loot it again and that finally triggers the turn-in objective. It's like the first time I looted the Supplies, it placed an invisible extra Supplies in my inventory. This has happened to me a few times now, but I've never been left with an extra set of Supplies that I can't get rid of until now. I don't know, but this is definitely broken and pissing me off. Hail Satan.

- - - Updated - - -

hey solved!? good stuff :)

and my names not Satan. just sayin ;)

What made you think it was solved? Everything BUT the supplies were dropped into a bag, which means that the Supplies were still in my toolbelt. Also, I'm not hailing you, I'm hailing Satan, because I sold my soul trying to solve this problem, which you would have known if you read my post. I'm guessing english is not your native tongue, no worries.

aw dang sorry, curse my name!

I read it wrong. I thought you looted everything out of the bag but the supplies. ;)

Tis a strange bug indeed.

What about this, set drop all on death. (I know crappy way of doing it)

leave all your bag and clothing contents in a safe chest.

Die.

respawn and put your stuff back on. Hopefully the quest item stays in the blue bag of death.

or did you already try that?

and since satan didn't own up to his end of the bargain, you're free. loopholes and such. that or start learning the violin. ;)

What about this, set drop all on death. (I know crappy way of doing it)

leave all your bag and clothing contents in a safe chest.

Die.

respawn and put your stuff back on. Hopefully the quest item stays in the blue bag of death.

or did you already try that?

;)

Drop on death behaves the same way Drop on Quit does, if you have them both set to the same setting. I've modded my game up and play permadeath, so dying is not an option now that it's (cough) "stable". It would do the same thing though, and leave the cursed supplies in my toolbelt. Hail Satan.

I just created this account so I could share what I found out about this issue. I'm trying to share it with as many of you as possible in the hopes that it'll help you out too! But I think I have something that might work. At least for me, it did.

I had this exact same bug happen to me too. After looking around everywhere and not finding much help, I think I finally found a solution to the problem on my own. Based on my testing, it seems to me that this is the only way I can figure out to do it. If you die, the supplies persist in your inventory; you can't drop them, even with god mode / the creative menu; there doesn't seem to be a console command for removing items from your inventory or resetting your inventory. It's really frustrating. But here's what I've found:

I'm playing on Alpha 17 (b240).

1. Make sure that "Cheat Mode" is on under the advanced tab of server / game config before you load the world.

2. Once you're in your world, make sure to remove everything from your inventory (except the supplies, obviously) and store it in a chest or something.

3. Make sure you have admin privileges (I do in my world because I created it; I honestly don't know how much more complicated it might be if you're playing on someone else's server).

- Edit: It looks like if you aren't the administrator of your server, if you can get the server admin to add you as another admin using the "admin add <player name>" command, I think that might help get around this issue.

4. Open the creative menu (for me it's the "u" key, which I think is also the default). You should be able to see your inventory on the right as well as a window full of items you can spawn on the left side.

5. In the bar just above your inventory slots there's a trash can icon which says "Clear Inventory" if you hover over it. Click it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26922[/ATTACH]

That should fix it for you! I don't think I did anything else of special note, but I did try a lot of other things before finding this solution, so it's possible that something I messed around with enabled this feature by accident. So - if this method doesn't work for you, let me know and hopefully we can figure out what's really going on and sort this out.

20190105224445_1.thumb.jpg.8a9ff0ef5858d8cdea5f0b2111c05b06.jpg

Archived