How to setup a server?

OnionRings

I got as far as downloading the tool from the steam client, launched it, it said it was running in the background, but now what? I don't need to know any commands or anything (well maybe being able to kick people) I just want to have my world a server so people can play when I am not.

I got as far as downloading the tool from the steam client, launched it, it said it was running in the background, but now what? I don't need to know any commands or anything (well maybe being able to kick people) I just want to have my world a server so people can play when I am not.

I got this message when trying to launch my world, so the server thing is running in the back, but idk what this means or how to fix it. http://prntscr.com/m13u2w

Here are some vids Guppy did awhile ago. Not sure if you can look at these and get help with it.

Thanks, that helped me setup my config but what I don't get is how to actually start and play on the server. When I tried launching my game and playing on my world it didn't count as the server I guess and my friend got kicked off when I closed out. Do I need to start new?

- - - Updated - - -

The server and your local game need to be on different ports.

Ok I changed my server to 26901 and my game is 26900, now what?

Without knowing much about your setup, here's what you could try... run your dedicated server like usual. Assuming you have all the ports forwarded correctly, your friend should be able to join. Then for you to join, use 127.0.0.1:26901 (or whatever you have the port set to). I haven't tested it, but you SHOULD be able to use the dedicated server for both you and your friend, but maybe it's possible that you would have to use a different computer for the server to have both of you play on it.

Archived