prefab editor

Vomkat

I'm interested in this, probably more interested in a game that lets me build stuff than the zombie part of the game.

How do I use it? I started it and I'm just floating in the clouds. Is there any information about how to use it (and how to save prefabs with others)?

Also, I have some basic questions like size of prefab? How do they align in game, like how do you designate which side should face a road? How exactly is the boundary with the road formed (ie: are sidewalks part of the road or the prefab?).

Now I've found the ground, and there is a giant checkerboard, but I can't place any dirt or anything on it.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a random green square here... is there no documentation on how this works?

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

that is fixed now and will be available at next update patch.

meanwhile.. open different prefabs and study what they have in them. this will help.

meanwhile.. open different prefabs and study what they have in them. this will help.

[/color][/b]

Ok, It gave me some message about "EAC IS ON WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE CHANGES TO PREFABS" - I'm just trying to figure it out, I think I'd probably make a lot of prefabs if I can figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

huh, so the prefab itself is floating somehow above the grid, how to make a floating space so i can place something

- - - Updated - - -

i started making maps back in DOOM 1 days, i just want a good map editor and this is the best ive seen even though i dunno how to use it

- - - Updated - - -

also there's a giant blue box all the way around the prefab

while the prefab editor is open -> hit escape -> help

that will get you started. i want to do a short video on using it but i fear someone else will get it before i do tho. still lots of testing to do.

if you make changes to the prefabs you can screw the game... do it at your own risk and yes, EAC wont let you save while its on.. you need to have EAC off. but i say it again... you can screw up many aspects of the game if you alter prefabs that are tied to game and questing.

making your own will not harm the game.

When I load an existing prefab, I can select the blue selection box, and paste it elsewhere, giving me a 1x1 blue box, and that allows me to place dirt. However, I can't copy and paste that over to a new prefab, nor save the official prefab, so I'm not sure what is done to allow blocks to actually be placed.

while the prefab editor is open -> hit escape -> help

that will get you started. i want to do a short video on using it but i fear someone else will get it before i do tho. still lots of testing to do.

if you make changes to the prefabs you can screw the game... do it at your own risk and yes, EAC wont let you save while its on.. you need to have EAC off. but i say it again... you can screw up many aspects of the game if you alter prefabs that are tied to game and questing.

making your own will not harm the game.

We really could use a basic tutorial on creating and inserting prefabs.

Even if someone else does make a more detailed one, just a starter guide would be nice.

Archived