Vultures

VooDooWizzy

Vultures are something to keep an eye on. Those that buzz around overhead won't attack unless you are wounded. If a zombie injures you in a fight, the vulture(s) will join in. The sleeper vultures in camps and rooftops are territorial and will attack the moment you wake them. To fight them, run a little way turn around and walk backwards and club them. Easy feathers.

Vultures ... buzz around overhead won't attack unless you are wounded.

That's the part I find most distracting.

Knowing they are there and watching you.... and there's nothing you can do about it.

[Well... until you get a Sniper Rifle.]

I'm not complaining though.

I find that kinda cool.

It makes the game harder, for sure, but also scarier and fun.

I have to disagree about 'makes the game harder' Vultures are not a bit dangerous and die in 1 shot and mostly 1 hit/2 hit. They are my main source for feathers because they come in a good way and i shoot them out of the sky with the bow. Sure, a rifle, pistol or something like that may be more helpful but you can aim and done.

Sadly the vultures dont add anything into the game for me personally but well, they are there as well as leatherxp and foodxp (dogs and wolves). I would see feathers, leatherxp and foodxp as temporary additions to build on. We have to wait what the devs will do at the end with them.

May the seventh day be in your favor.

I have to disagree about 'makes the game harder' Vultures are not a bit dangerous

I dunno... tell that to a new player.

PS: Is your forum name in any way a derivative of Narcissus perchance?

[Ehem... not that .... that would have anything to do with your post about vultures not being dangerous at all ..... or anything.... just curious.]

I have found that they will instantly attack you if you are riding a bicycle. I don't have any other vehicles to test with yet. For sure, if you ride a bicycle anywhere near them, they will attack you. It's a good way to get rid of the ones that are hawking you. Need feather? Just take a ride through the wasteland. I recommend staying on the road. Wouldn't want to ride over a mine. Watch out for bears. There seems to be a lot of zombie bears in the wasteland. I generally bring a shotgun. I have found two traders so far on my map, and they are about 250m away from each other in the middle of the wasteland.

I have found that they will instantly attack you if you are riding a bicycle. I don't have any other vehicles to test with yet. For sure, if you ride a bicycle anywhere near them, they will attack you.

Get out really?

Hahahaha!

Isn't that like a 'thing' in Australia or something?

081yJbU.gif

I dunno... tell that to a new player.

PS: Is your forum name in any way a derivative of Narcissus perchance?

[Ehem... not that .... that would have anything to do with your post about vultures not being dangerous at all ..... or anything.... just curious.]

Nope. Just Narsiph as a lizard-name back from 2001.

Archived