Setting a fixed version

Terminator12386

Hello everyone,

I want to ask if it's possible to lock my game to the A17e B238 version since it seems to work the best for me and i don't want to wipe every few days/weeks. And Steam does not let me play without updating it first to B240 :(

The best option would be if i could just copy something in the start parameters in Steam.

Or can i just copy the whole game out of the Steam installations folder ?

actually you can and at a cost...

as Sylen stated - copy the 7dtd folder to another location out of the steam install directory (you can rename it if you wish), drag and create a short cut to your desktop.

now click on the new short cut to start your game (do not use steam to open it or you will be back to square one). steam must be logged in of course.

now the costs..

1. takes up more HD space

2. does not get updated

3. we will ONLY accept bug reports from current updated experimental builds and not from old builds...

4. no official support/help desk

i have a HDD just for this when testing as sometimes we/or i need to go back in time for a reference.

2. does not get updated

That's not a cost for me at the moment it's good thing :) I can play on smooth 60FPS and hopefully i can enjoy this build till the Stable version is out. And if for some strange reason the Stable is worse than now i can stick to this even tho there are no skyscrapers in RNG

Thanks for answering my question :)

Archived