Server listening ports A16.4 vs A17

Dagoberis

I use LGSM. Fresh install. Running A17. I run command netstat -tulnp and it shows the server listening on tcp 26900, 8081, and UDP 26900, and 26902. When I run the same command on an A16.4 server it shows listening on tcp 8081, 26900, and udp 26900, 26901 and 26902.

The problem is when I run the monitor command on LGSM it wants to query port 26901. Obviously if my server isn't listening on that port I'm going to get an error. Any ideas?

So here's how I fixed this issue to successfully run the monitor command - please let me know if this is OK.

I went to the /home/sdtdserver/lgsm/functions directory. I edited info_config.sh and navigated to the fn_info_config_sdtd() section. I then changed changed queryport=$((port + 1)) to queryport=$((port)) to make the query happen on port 26900 instead of the non-listened port of 26901. This resulted in successful ./sdtdserver monitor output on my screen.

Server has used ports 26900-26902 since they switched from port 25000. (with the occasional use of 26903/4 in experimental versions.) For the most part the game will use 26900, and the others are for SteamNetworking/EAC I believe. (Sorry, it's been at least a year since I analysed the specific port data.)

So here's how I fixed this issue to successfully run the monitor command - please let me know if this is OK.

I went to the /home/sdtdserver/lgsm/functions directory. I edited info_config.sh and navigated to the fn_info_config_sdtd() section. I then changed changed queryport=$((port + 1)) to queryport=$((port)) to make the query happen on port 26900 instead of the non-listened port of 26901. This resulted in successful ./sdtdserver monitor output on my screen.

Be aware that if you update lgsm those functions will probably get overwritten to the defaults again.

Archived