New Weapons in Vanilla ?

santosiebie15

Hello guys,

I've been playing 7dtd for a couple of Alpha's now and I really think TFP should start thinking about adding some new Melee and Ranged weapons.I mean come on which good Zombie Survival game doesn't have an M4A1 huh ?

I know they added Mods to weapons in A17 but for me personally that's not enough..I would really love to see some new weapons like the M4 that I already said or Throwing Knifes that we could recover from Z's body's just likes arrow.I'm not asking for anything too OP like Heavy Machine Guns (Like M134 Gatling Gun,M2 Browning or even the Rambo wanna be M249) or let's say Heavy Sniper Rifles (Like the famous 50.CAL Barrett's) but something like 1 more SMG let's say a Micro Uzi and 1 more Handgun lets say a Glock would be fantastic.And yes, I am a Gun Guy and always was and I love all kinds of Close-Mid-Long distance weapons.

So what's your opinion on that guys ? I'm also aware of more important things like balancing the game fixing bugs and adding more important things than guns to the game but as I already said it would be a really big + from me..

Thank you for your time.

Ok, and what role would the M4A1 fill that isn't already filled? Variety just for variety sake? And I suppose you'd want it chambered for 5.56mm as well? They got rid of the 10mm for the SMG because it was a pain in the ass to have another bullet type in a game where inventory is based on slots.

I love guns too, but for a game where guns are not the focus less is more. I like the fact that the sawed off is a mod now instead of a seperate shotgun.

Now the throwing knives, I do like that idea. That adds another style to combat, something more gun variety would not.

I'd have to say yes to variety for varieties sake tbh. (except the point made about ammo calibers, having too many can get annoying.)

Not to a crazy extent mind you, but it would add some flavor to looted weapons especially melee. Baseball bats and golfclubs, etc.

I think it's a non-issue anyways, as modding will fill this void.

I'd have to say yes to variety for varieties sake tbh. (except the point made about ammo calibers, having too many can get annoying.)

Not to a crazy extent mind you, but it would add some flavor to looted weapons especially melee. Baseball bats and golfclubs, etc.

I think it's a non-issue anyways, as modding will fill this void.

Much as I love Dying Light, and I wouldn't mind 7DTD being more like DL and less like FO...it's the inventory thing. DL has all that variety of melee weapons and I enjoy the visuals of bashing zombies heads in/cutting their limbs off with a plethora of melee weapons, and then there is the elemental fun - but then you don't have anywhere near the amount of crap to haul around in DL as 7D.

Now the guns in DL, very basic, and they don't really seem to serve different roles, but I still use all of them because of the way ammo carrying capacity works.

Guns are meant to be for late game anyway and in late game you can craft ammo your self so i don't see a reason let's for the M4 to use AK's ammo...

Also, you don't have to collect all the weapons and all the ammo.In 7dtd no matter if it is early in game or not I never collect 9mm ammo Pistols (Well mayne only for trading) and SMG's I just don't just because shotguns,rifles and the AK are better.

And when you go out let's say for looting i don't think that you carry like 3 different kinds of guns and like 500 ammo for each right ?.

Well, when I go out for looting i take a bow with +/- 100 Arrows 1 Gun (In my case is the Hunting Rifle) and some ammo and 1 Melee weapon and that's all.

Although fun (Starvation mod has tons of firearms), I agree with TFP's current path. I rarely used firearms in vanilla 7DTD. However, A17 upped the weapon spawns and I've used firearms many times to save my ***, usually from wolves or a random feral that I wasn't expecting. I'd much prefer that TFP focus on polishing the base game as it is than devote resources to adding firearms.

With that being said, if they added an M16 or M4 type weapon chambered for .223 or 5.56, they could easily change the hunting rifle to use the same ammo. That way we would have two weapons firing 7.62 (AK and Sniper Rifle) and two weapons firing .223/5.56 (M4 and Hunting Rifle).

*** And for fanboy sake, I'd love to have the M14 in this game. I spent $8k building one years ago. That rifle is my soulmate. :smile-new:

006.jpg.4afcd2d95bf6b91bb203c0640d13fa34.jpg

Archived