[MODLET] Unbound & Enhanced Level Progression System

elucidus

This modlet is a first effort to remove the level-based progression system, it also doubles the number of levels for attributes. Taking them to level 20.

The way it works is you gain more skill points per level and it increases as you level, but it costs more to level up a skill, the higher it goes the more it costs. There is no level locks so you can spend more skill points ot specialize early, or spread them out to be more genrealist early. You can get all attributes and perks maxed by the time you hit max level (if my math is correct).

This will likely be changed, balanced and added to over time.

Just some food for thought: I'm sorta planning to make it so that you can level up to a certain degree without any restriction, for example to what vanilla provides, and then have another range that does require certain levels. For example:

Attribute Strength:

No requirement until level 10

Level 11 requires player level 110

Level 12 requires player level 120

Level 13 requires player level 130

Level 14 requires player level 140

@lug, thanks, this is a lot more complicated, or at least what I have been trying.

@kubikus, Yeah I was originally planning something like that, but I have been strugling with getting new stuff to work, so far.

@CyrusBlaze, I discovered that a few days ago as well, but you can have a multiplier that is a fraction, so that is something.

@elucidus I'm still new to the xml modding, in fact haven't attempted it, but after looking over the modlets syntax it doesn't appear to be too difficult, but is there anyway you could make a simple one to show how to set xp amount per level / skill points / and possibly the level requirement section for each stat attribute section. I'm currently just doing this one manually in the default configs, but all in all I think it would be beneficial for others nonetheless. At a basic level alot of server owners could just modify the values to their own liking if they chose or a predefined option of your choosing. Thanks btw we all appreciate the time you and the other modders put into this.

Archived