[MODLET] Quality Effectiveness Bonuses

elucidus

Yea, I think there is a ceiling where the effects invert. I increased Iron Fireaxe from 47 to 55 and reduced the power attack reduction from -3 to -2.5 and it definitely swings faster. But as I posted in another thread I had weird results with the Stone Axe. Increased from 75 and it swung slower while the animation sped up. Reduced to 50 and it swung faster. Reduced below 50 and it swung slower again. I don't know if the sweet spot is a certain number with all weapons, or if different weapons have different sweet spots, but it seems like you just have to adjust up and down until you find it and that'll be the fastest you can get until they fix the way AttacksPerMinute works. Delay only seems to effect repair speed on repair weapons.

Two things about this mod I discovered while doing my own testing.

1. Power attacks:

Damage calc for items in general seems to be:

(EntityDamage + (EntityDamage * (sum of all perc_add values)) = Modified_EntityDamage,

Then if you have any DamageModifiers, Modified_EntityDamage + (Modified_EntityDamage * DamageModifier)

or more simply,

(EntityDamage * (1 + sum of all perc_add values)) * (1 + DamageModifier)

Damage modifiers are applied after all Entity/BlockDamage calculations, so things like DamageModifier tags="head" (headshot multiplier) or "wood" will be applied after.

I noticed you only have a modifier for base effects and not power attacks. All of the items with power attack modifiers have a default BlockDamage perc_add of 2. So power attacks do base damage + 200%. Using the Iron Fireaxe as an example:

Default Standard attack block damage: 30 + 0 (no perc_add values) = 30

Default Power attack block damage: 30 + (30 * (2 from power atk)) = 90

With your mod an Iron Fireaxe at Tier 6 should be doing:

Standard attack block damage: 30 + (30 * (2 from tier)) = 90

Power attack block damage: 30 + (30 * (2 from power atk + 2 from tier)) = 150

Now, this all depends on how you *want* the damages to be multiplied. With the way it is currently, the standard attack increases +200% from default but the power attack only increases 67% from default. To increase both by 200%, you could add:

<append xpath="/items/item/effect_group[@name=Power Attack]">

<passive_effect name="BlockDamage" operation="perc_add" value="0,4" tier="1,6" tags="secondary"/>

</append>

(No need to <remove> the original "Power Attack" effect, the new line will be added together with the original line in calculation for a total of 6 at Tier 6. Make sure you have tags="secondary" or this will add to the standard attack despite being in a different effect_group)

This results in:

30 + (30 * (2 from power atk + 2 from tier + 4 from power atk tier)) = 270, which is the default 90 + 200%

Now, 270 is a pretty strong power attack, so you may want to modify the "Base Effects" number, or you may just prefer it the way you have it.

2. Using <remove> first may not be necessary.

I noticed you <remove> to clear any default perc_adds then you re-add them for weapons that had modifiers, such as the hunting rifle with its 0.35. I don't believe this is necessary. If you just use <append> to add a new line, it will simply add the two lines together. I did some testing with hunting rifle block damage. Changed base to 20 for easier testing, and my Tier 6 is set to perc_add 0.5.

Shooting at a wood block which the HR gets a DamageModifier of 4 on wood. Using simplified equation:

Tier 1:

(20 * (1 + 0.35 block damage + 0 from tier)) * (1 + 4) = 135, verified ingame

Tier 6:

(20 * (1 + 0.35 block damage + 0.5 from tier)) * (1 + 4) = 185, verified ingame

So yea, doing the <remove> then re-adding for each weapon may be unnecessary. Also you have a universal EntityDamage tier multipler of 0,0.5 (+50%), but for the re-added weapons you increase by 100% (eg hunting rifle is 0.35,1.35). I would assume maybe you wanted ranged weapons to do more damage but you only added them for weapons that had them removed, but haven't added the +100% bonus to 9mm pistol or others.

I really appreciate that information, I will work it into the mod.

And the remove was because I wasn't sure how they would stack or if they even would, so when I discovered that some ranged weapons had bonus damage (or penalties for the AK and SMG) I figured I should add tehm seperately. Again thanks for testing all of this and posting it.

Archived