[REQUEST] Sound alert on zombie loot bag drop?

Ladarian

The dropping bag already makes a sound. Quick look at sounds.xml:

<!-- ZPack (Zombie dropped packs)   -->

<SoundDataNode name="zpack_spawn"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_ZPack"/>
<Noise ID="2" range="7" volume="11" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.5"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Loot/ZPack/zpack_spawn"/>
<LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="0.5"/> <CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/> <NoiseScale value="1"/> <MaxVoices value="3"/> <MaxRepeatRate value="0.01"/> </SoundDataNode>

<SoundDataNode name="zpack_impact"> <AudioSource name="Sounds/AudioSource_ZPack"/>
<Noise ID="2" range="7" volume="11" time="3" muffled_when_crouched="0.5"/>
<AudioClip ClipName="Sounds/Loot/ZPack/zpack_impact"/>
<LocalCrouchVolumeScale value="0.5"/> <CrouchNoiseScale value="0.5"/> <NoiseScale value="1"/> <MaxVoices value="3"/> <MaxRepeatRate value="0.01"/> </SoundDataNode>

I also have trouble hearing this, especially in the heat of the battle. So to try it I replaced the sound with a minibike horn sound and even this new sound I don't hear everytime. Sometimes after a fight I see the loot bag but I didn't hear the minibike horn. We need some more distinct indication. Or better yet, we need the lootbags last longer (so we could collect them after the bloodmoon night.

You can use any other sound:

AudioSource name="any other sound goes here"

Might look into it when I change that horrible sound you hear when you level up. I mean, it's a cheerful game event, but kinda sounds like you just opened the gates of hell or sumthin.

Archived