Crazy 7day horde?

Wilffio

Mine was typical to my settings. Nomad/default 8 z's/never run. I walked along the road taking em out as they came in, same as A16 tbh. Used a barbed wire club and a crossbow with iron bolts. Glad I didn't try to defend my base tho as they go thru blocks too fast.

Terrible video (Win 10 does not like Shadowplay, cuts off at odd times/sizing) but.........here it is if ya wanna see.

I had ferals, spiders zombies, and a cop. They went through concrete blocks like paper. They are to OP for first day horde night. Had a over head deck around my base so I could shot down at them. I tried to pull them around through the spikes, but they just went through 1 area. They are to smart for zombies. They need to dumb them back down. No fun they way they are now. I just had to jump down and kill them with a sledge hammer before they tore my base apart. It seems they are more interest in tearing up the base then they are you. Not Fun

It seems they are more interest in tearing up the base then they are you. Not Fun

If you are up on a ledge, how do you think they are going to get you? Your base is what is preventing them from getting you, so they destroy that obstacle. Would you prefer they walk around in circles under you, like fish in a barrel as they used to? How was that fun?

If you are up on a ledge, how do you think they are going to get you? Your base is what is preventing them from getting you, so they destroy that obstacle. Would you prefer they walk around in circles under you, like fish in a barrel as they used to? How was that fun?[/QUOT

Just to help you understand. My base was built from a starter house. I had nothing in the lower part of the house. Ii destroyed all cabinets and anything they could get up on if they broke in. It was just blocks. All my stuff was five blocks up. If they just beat on the outside walls trying to get to me ok. But they went for 1 block not even were I was standing and went straight in the lower level. They then started hitting random blocks all around inside. Why would they do this if they were after me. They were not even hitting blocks where I was standing. They are dumb zombies and yes they should be under me jumping and trying to get to me. And if I go to the other side of the house they should follow me and not avoid traps. Far as them walking around in circles. What alpha they do that in. I remember them always coming after me. And it WAS FUN THEN.

If you are up on a ledge, how do you think they are going to get you? Your base is what is preventing them from getting you, so they destroy that obstacle. Would you prefer they walk around in circles under you, like fish in a barrel as they used to? How was that fun?

You solved one problem (zombies running in circles under you) and introduced another (bases are no longer safe, and are therefore pointless).

The proper way to handle the issue would have been to incentivize players to go out during blood moons, for example via highly rewarding quests that can only be completed during a blood moon. Maybe you receive an S.O.S from a nearby POI and have to defend and rescue an NPC, who then turns into a vendor and quest-giver. Then you can tie that to end-game, for example by requiring players to rescue four or five such NPCs (e.g. scientists) who then have to sit down and find a cure to the zombie problem, while you defend them against more zombies.

Archived