I like the new update especially the skills/stat system, good job! But...

wgcutless

I really like most of the things I've encountered about the new update with over 1000 hours on my steam account (wgcutless) btw logged on the game I can definitely say its an overall improvement great update. But here are some things I've encountered that need addressing and some constructive criticism about the update that the pimps might wanna read.

#1. I haven't personally encountered this but friends on my server have complained about crafting pieces of clothing and armor and the items being removed to craft them the timer running down and then the item never showing up in their inventory seems to happen alot with bandanas and cloth armor. I don't know how to recreate the bug but it seemed to be happening to them alot toward the first couple of days.

#2. My biggest complaint with this update and honestly what has kept me from fully enjoying it is the amount of nerf that has been applied to players who focus as builders rather than scavengers/supply runners. I myself tend to stay mainly at the base and gather resources like wood and mine alot then build onto our base on whatever server we might be playing on. This works out great usually cause most of my friends tend to prefer hunting, scouting and looting so they go out on the adventures then I make sure they have a safe, secure and well stocked place to come back and rest and dump their bags.

However with the new update builders like myself have been crippled my friends are all far outleveling me and they're relying on me to make them better tools which normally would not be a problem because before I could easily keep up with if not out level them gathering resources and fortifying our fort. giving me the ability to easily outfit them while they focused on combat and looting perks.

The experience you gain from crafting and gathering is basiaclly non existent now I put in all the work I did before (Which is a metric ton) yet I never seem to progress with the new update its like day 8 and we're still all using stone tools my friends are all like level 14ish yet I am like lvl 6 and I've played alot more consistently than the others. I just don't get xp anymore because of my play style therefor I am left in the dust and my team is left wanting when it comes to gear (minus what they've looted) because I can't level to learn the skills to make them. What little I have leveled I got from defending the base against random hordes.

Also due to not being able to level the way I play base building is at a stand still because I can't gain xp to learn the skills to make better tools or get mining upgrades so resource gathering is less like a fun relaxing activity needed to make the base stronger and feels more like endless tedium that requires me to spend way to much time and get very little back just barely enough to be able to fortify against a random horde then start all over when they destroy what I've barely had time to fortify with the meager mats I've been able to get.

#3. wood seems to be much weaker now and could use a little more defense against hordes. but honestly it prolly just seems that way because of how long it takes to gather now and would prolly be less of an issue if u addressed #2 as it could be easily repalced if I could just level and get the skills needed to work faster.

#4 Not a big deal but the female trader near our base has a man's voice I mean maybe she's post op and no longer has access to her hormone therapy meds. I'm not judging here it just takes anybody a lil off guard XD thought I'd mention it but like I said not a big deal certainly not game breaking just an immersion thing doesn't hurt the game play at all. I'm sure ur aware.

So in short basically I think u just need to take into account that not everyone enjoys the run and gun playstyle and those who like to hang back and play homemakers are at a TREMENDOUS disadvantage right now and up the xp gained from building and resource gathering by at least 3x maybe 4x because it is cripplingly slow and tedious right now. Thanks Joel (Is it? I think I got that right sorry I'm not real up on the development team but I think I got that right) for all ur hard work I know times are hard right now but we appreciate you working so tirelessly on this amazing game that we all enjoy and love and I hope my post can help u continue to improve the game and make ur job a little easier.

1. there seem to be bugs around cancelling crafting, dropping guns(ammo in them disappearing) and other like things.

2.form a party. in the game settings before launching turn the exp radius up to 10k km. you will share exp from almost the entire map now :) Crafting gives a lot of exp overtime. I crafter over 2000 items in the first days and sold things to a trader and im outleveling the two who do most of the fighting/scavenging.

3.wood has always been the crap defense. Part of it is that now zombies will pick up the "best" way to get to you. They no longer run headfirst into your spieks evenly. Now you have to build a funnel type base, almsot like a tower defense :)

4. Trader Jen is a known issue xD

#1. I haven't personally encountered this but friends on my server have complained about crafting pieces of clothing and armor and the items being removed to craft them the timer running down and then the item never showing up in their inventory seems to happen alot with bandanas and cloth armor. I don't know how to recreate the bug but it seemed to be happening to them alot toward the first couple of days.

I've had this. I was wearing a poncho. The skills don't exactly have good explanations yet, and I had purchased a couple new ones, so I decided to make a new poncho because I had the mats and wanted to see if it was level 2. Crafted the poncho and once it finished it was not in my inventory. I looked around on the ground and looked through my inventory a couple times but it just wasn't there.

About the party thing increasing it to cover the entire map... I don’t really like the sound of that honestly it seems a bit unrealistic to me I mean yeah sure it’s a workaround and I’m sure that would help with the issue but I just don’t like the idea of getting credit for something I’m not taking part in. I’ll prolly just leave it on the default setting for that seems a bit broken to do it that way.

Archived