Alpha 17 How do I get Wheels?

Sjustus548

I've searched the forums but I couldn't find any information on this. I'm wanting to craft a Bike but I can't seem to find out how to get wheels. I've attempted to break countless tires I have found on the road with no luck. I've taken apart numerous cars. I know I can craft them but I can't find any information on how to get a Can of Acid that is needed to craft them. I haven't wanted to ask since I figure it is something easy that I'm missing but I can't think of anything currently. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The acid cans are supposedly most commonly found in/under sinks, but I've only gotten two of them in 20 hours of playing, so your mileage may vary :/

As for the wheels themselves, they can occasionally be found in Pass 'n Gas storage crates, that are mostly found in garages and gas stations. Focus on looting those early on and hopefully you'll have a set of wheels by the time you can craft a (minibike). I had to wait so long to find my second wheel that I could craft a minibike at that point.

I haven't seen acid cans or wheels for sale at traders yet, but unless it's an oversight, I see no reason why they shouldn't be in their loot list.

Thank you for the information. We are just hitting our 20 hour mark and have had no luck at all at finding wheels or cans of acid. I was starting to think that either we were doing something very wrong or that they weren't implemented yet and people were just spawning them in lol. I'll continue to keep an eye out and hopefully we will eventually find some.

My friend and I are in the same boat. We just craft all the materials for the bicycle but now realize there's no way to complete it because the lack of tires. We have found 1 can of acid so far. In A16 you use to be able to harvest tires with a fireaxe. But that no longer works as I've tested it many times. This is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed as seems there's no clear way to obtain tires or gather the resources required to build them yourself.

• 1 month later...

Archived