A17 - Major issues with base defense

Brian9824

So it seems that zombies do massively more damage to blocks, all of our defenses are nerfed as in wood spikes get destroyed by a single normal zombie and metal spikes get destroyed after 2 zombies.

Gamestage looks to be changed so you get ferals and radiated zombies VERY quickly, etc.

What are the expectations for bases, because right now I don't see how its feasible to make any type of base defense without resorting to cheesing the AI which doesn't seem to be the goal of the game.

So it seems that zombies do massively more damage to blocks, all of our defenses are nerfed as in wood spikes get destroyed by a single normal zombie and metal spikes get destroyed after 2 zombies.

Gamestage looks to be changed so you get ferals and radiated zombies VERY quickly, etc.

What are the expectations for bases, because right now I don't see how its feasible to make any type of base defense without resorting to cheesing the AI which doesn't seem to be the goal of the game.

My strat has been to use existing structures. I built a 3rd floor in a cabin to live in and made roof access the only way in and out and boarded up the entire rest of the cabin. 1st horde night was EZPZ while using the motel as my horde base with no modifications except a small shack on the roof to house a campfire since I'm in the snow biome. Once I get to concrete I'll start actually building a base. Currently playing RWG on Nomad, 60 min days. All standard settings except air drop marker is on.

My strat has been to use existing structures. I built a 3rd floor in a cabin to live in and made roof access the only way in and out and boarded up the entire rest of the cabin. 1st horde night was EZPZ while using the motel as my horde base with no modifications except a small shack on the roof to house a campfire since I'm in the snow biome. Once I get to concrete I'll start actually building a base. Currently playing RWG on Nomad, 60 min days. All standard settings except air drop marker is on.

We tried the same thing with a group of 4, all of us under level 15. This was the result after the Day 14 horde. We had 6+ irradiated zombies, ferals, etc pounding away

251570_screenshots_20181120214704_1.thumb.jpg.f0f69cb7870dba980fc18aca314339a8.jpg

We tried the same thing with a group of 4, all of us under level 15. This was the result after the Day 14 horde. We had 6+ irradiated zombies, ferals, etc pounding away

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25480[/ATTACH]

Looks like it at least held up? Not the most optimal of ways, but still standing :smile-new:

Looks like it at least held up? Not the most optimal of ways, but still standing :smile-new:

Actually it lost integrity and we had to shore it up as things were collapsing off it. I also jumped down and pulled em away because it was starting to fail. This was all pre level 15.

Archived