Forcing A17E Update

Aesir

I know where in my steam games library to get to the experimental update in order to dl it; but I've never done it before. I've only gotten updates for games when I either notice they are queued up or upon launching the game. My question is this. Are there any additional things I should do when manually opting in for an update, or is the process the same at that stage?

Thanks

So I need to opt-in to this beta? Here's hoping it updates in time for my stream tonight (Roughly 6 hours from now). Fingers crossed!

Yes you'll need to opt in to the experimental. The update won't be automatic until A17 goes stable.

Any idea if games with a17e will be compatible with a17 (stable)? What were the experiences with last updates?

I think it's best to just assume that if you're playing 17e your saves will get wiped every few days or so. The same would probably be true going from the experimental to the stable version. At least that's what I'm planning on happening to my saves. I'm not sure about the other Alphas. All my 600 - 700 hours have been in A16.4(b8)

Archived