Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=stallionsden;197165]Totally appreciate the asistance Arkonik. I have a mod (paintimes mod) that has added some new blocks which Hals editor didnt pick up and put them as black blocks. I didnt think it be an issue but obviously it was.. Ty heaps tho for the help I am looking at it now :-)[/QUOTE] Ok thats why I had the issue then but yea then your prefab should be fine on your end.

Hal, is there a direct installation or link to the executable file for version .38? My girlfriend is attempting to use the editor, but it won't load up because it's out of date. And it crashes without fail whenever she attempts to upgrade it from the download provided here. (We've tried re-installing and repairing 7DTD client, but to no avail.)

[QUOTE=Fadespell;197320]Hal, is there a direct installation or link to the executable file for version .38? My girlfriend is attempting to use the editor, but it won't load up because it's out of date. And it crashes without fail whenever she attempts to upgrade it from the download provided here. (We've tried re-installing and repairing 7DTD client, but to no avail.)[/QUOTE] Try Manual update

[QUOTE=Fadespell;197320]Hal, is there a direct installation or link to the executable file for version .38? My girlfriend is attempting to use the editor, but it won't load up because it's out of date. And it crashes without fail whenever she attempts to upgrade it from the download provided here. (We've tried re-installing and repairing 7DTD client, but to no avail.)[/QUOTE] Hi Fadespell, [URL="http://www.vendocode.com/SDTD/SDTD.asmx/GetEditor"]This[/URL] will get you the latest version. Just open the zip and copy everything into the editor folder. Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;197334]Hi Fadespell, [URL="http://www.vendocode.com/SDTD/SDTD.asmx/GetEditor"]This[/URL] will get you the latest version. Just open the zip and copy everything into the editor folder. Hal[/QUOTE] Just for reference Hal9000 What is the latest figure the editor is at.. 0.38 or.

[QUOTE=stallionsden;197346]Just for reference Hal9000 What is the latest figure the editor is at.. 0.38 or.[/QUOTE] Yeah I think .38 is the latest version. It's running the code from 10.4b9. I have the version that's compatible with b10 but it's not releasesd yet. I was hoping to add some new commands in for the dedicated server version but I'm hitting the same problem as with the world editor so they'll probably get added after the API is released. The b10 update will probably get released at the weekend and need a manual update (or the link above) to download. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;197354]Yeah I think .38 is the latest version. It's running the code from 10.4b9. I have the version that's compatible with b10 but it's not releasesd yet. I was hoping to add some new commands in for the dedicated server version but I'm hitting the same problem as with the world editor so they'll probably get added after the API is released. The b10 update will probably get released at the weekend and need a manual update (or the link above) to download. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Ok cool ty for the quick response :-) look forward to it :-)

Have a question: I have a sort of creative building world that I use to play around in and welp, many of the builds I'd like to turn into prefabs. However the videos I've found that show how to make one from an in game build show that you have to run the back up manager BEFORE you even start building. I really don't care to try and re-make some of these builds if that's so. How can I do this so it can save the builds already made in game?

[QUOTE=Taiine;198651]Have a question: I have a sort of creative building world that I use to play around in and welp, many of the builds I'd like to turn into prefabs. However the videos I've found that show how to make one from an in game build show that you have to run the back up manager BEFORE you even start building. I really don't care to try and re-make some of these builds if that's so. How can I do this so it can save the builds already made in game?[/QUOTE] You don't need to claim the area before you start building. Just stand in the middle of the prefab and claim it. Then adjust to size the claim to the size you want to export. Here's some links [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=119q0Fh4dgI"]Video[/URL] [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10163-So-You-Want-to-Make-a-Prefab"]tutorial[/URL] Hal

See The tutorial I never get methood 2 to work. The backup manager always give me a "can not find command folder' plus how do you get the claim info the screen shot shows? Besides 'check as admin' nothing else is there in the areas tab. Yet the tutorial don't say anything at all on that.. just picka world, pick a save, add name, check admin, save. I can't save. Your video just shows you opening the main menu to your editor, going in game and doing bbb claim... but when I do that it just types it in as normal text in chat and does nothing more. There are vital missing steps to make it work and that is where I am stuck. The only tutorial that goes in depth from bigc shows some crazy steps -having- to make a new world with the editor running. -having- to have it going before you even start building. That's a 39 minute video. Plus everything is in nav zone.. I'm in random gen. I want to export these builds from random gen. I still get the "can not find command folder" error. Yes the editor is installed right. watched number of tutorials on just how to install the thing. I got it to not do that error once and really let me save the player but outside that I cant get it to go again. I am boggled and confused and all anyone can seem to do is shove me back to the same tutorials I've been watching and reading that have landed me in this issue in the first place. :(

[QUOTE=Taiine;198671]See The tutorial I never get methood 2 to work. The backup manager always give me a "can not find command folder' plus how do you get the claim info the screen shot shows? Besides 'check as admin' nothing else is there in the areas tab. Yet the tutorial don't say anything at all on that.. just picka world, pick a save, add name, check admin, save. I can't save. Your video just shows you opening the main menu to your editor, going in game and doing bbb claim... but when I do that it just types it in as normal text in chat and does nothing more. There are vital missing steps to make it work and that is where I am stuck. The only tutorial that goes in depth from bigc shows some crazy steps -having- to make a new world with the editor running. -having- to have it going before you even start building. That's a 39 minute video. Plus everything is in nav zone.. I'm in random gen. I want to export these builds from random gen. I still get the "can not find command folder" error. Yes the editor is installed right. watched number of tutorials on just how to install the thing. I got it to not do that error once and really let me save the player but outside that I cant get it to go again. I am boggled and confused and all anyone can seem to do is shove me back to the same tutorials I've been watching and reading that have landed me in this issue in the first place. :([/QUOTE] It wont work cause you missed a step. Most videos done don't show this step. In the editor folder you will see a Assembly-CSharp.dll this needs to be copy pasted over to the managed folder of your 7 days in steam. It needs to be replaced. This is why it can't find the folder. To use this program the Assembly-CSharp.dll had to be altered so you can't use the one that comes from TFP. Once this is done you will not have this issue. And you will need to use the 7daystodie.exe that is made after the install not the original you get from TFP as well. Then every thing will work fine.

[QUOTE=Arkonik;198681]It wont work cause you missed a step. Most videos done don't show this step. In the editor folder you will see a Assembly-CSharp.dll this needs to be copy pasted over to the managed folder of your 7 days in steam. It needs to be replaced. This is why it can't find the folder. To use this program the Assembly-CSharp.dll had to be altered so you can't use the one that comes from TFP. Once this is done you will not have this issue. And you will need to use the 7daystodie.exe that is made after the install not the original you get from TFP as well. Then every thing will work fine.[/QUOTE] @Taiine The easiest way to do this is click on the "Manual Update" button when you open the editor and go through the update process. At one point it will ask you if you want to replace the game DLL. Click "Yes" and it will replace it for you. You're getting the same responses because you're not saying what you've tried. Your request was how to use the editor, not how make it work. Notice how as soon as you listed what was wrong and what you've tried to do you got the answer you needed? That's not a coincidence. We're not mind readers (yet...). Hal

****Noob Alert!**** I tried .38 on A10b4 with no success, except that I can create a prefab and load it into the game without any problems. But I want to make additions in game, then export that prefab and load it back in. I've read most of this thread, and since I'm on A10b4, I'm waiting on .39. But I have a couple of questions. The video shows how to export a prefab from a server. Is this the only way to export a prefab, or can I export one from my local game. Also, the part about replacing the DLL was a bit fuzzy to me.... leading me to ask; If I leave the replaced Assembly-CSharp.dll, do I just need to disable the EAC in order to run my local game, or do I have to put the original Assembly-CSharp.dll back? Hope this was understandable.........& Thanks in advance

See I have done that again. I did the manual update, I told it to replace the .dll, but I still get the same message time and time again, "can not find command folder" The tutorial from BigC shows step by step how to install the editor, how to get it to work in game, but I am still stuck at that step. I can't save the profile. I got it to save the profile one time, and even then I couldn't get it to detect the game that was when I first started posting here asking about it, then the game updated and now I'm back to this again. I don't know if manual update just isn't replacing the dill when I tell it to or what but I can't get past that one step.

[QUOTE=Taiine;198856]See I have done that again. I did the manual update, I told it to replace the .dll, but I still get the same message time and time again, "can not find command folder" The tutorial from BigC shows step by step how to install the editor, how to get it to work in game, but I am still stuck at that step. I can't save the profile. I got it to save the profile one time, and even then I couldn't get it to detect the game that was when I first started posting here asking about it, then the game updated and now I'm back to this again. I don't know if manual update just isn't replacing the dill when I tell it to or what but I can't get past that one step.[/QUOTE] When you extracted the editor zip you should have seen a Assembly-CSharp.dll in there you need to copy paste that file in your 7 days to die Managed folder and allow it to replace the original. After that every time you use the editor auto update it should work fine. Try this. It will fix any issue you are having.

[QUOTE=badger21;198742]****Noob Alert!**** I tried .38 on A10b4 with no success, except that I can create a prefab and load it into the game without any problems. But I want to make additions in game, then export that prefab and load it back in. I've read most of this thread, and since I'm on A10b4, I'm waiting on .39. But I have a couple of questions. The video shows how to export a prefab from a server. Is this the only way to export a prefab, or can I export one from my local game. Also, the part about replacing the DLL was a bit fuzzy to me.... leading me to ask; If I leave the replaced Assembly-CSharp.dll, do I just need to disable the EAC in order to run my local game, or do I have to put the original Assembly-CSharp.dll back? Hope this was understandable.........& Thanks in advance[/QUOTE] You can export from your local game as long as my modded DLL is on your local machine. You can test whether the mod is installed by typing "bbb rp" into the chat window. If you get a message of "Reloading players" and "Reloading complete" then the mod is installed. If you don't then it isn't Yes, you need to disable EAC if you install my DLL because EAC thinks you're trying to cheat. You can replace the old DLL at any time to have access to EAC again (but lose access to the mod features) [QUOTE=Taiine;198856]See I have done that again. I did the manual update, I told it to replace the .dll, but I still get the same message time and time again, "can not find command folder" The tutorial from BigC shows step by step how to install the editor, how to get it to work in game, but I am still stuck at that step. I can't save the profile. I got it to save the profile one time, and even then I couldn't get it to detect the game that was when I first started posting here asking about it, then the game updated and now I'm back to this again. I don't know if manual update just isn't replacing the dill when I tell it to or what but I can't get past that one step.[/QUOTE] Are you running a dedicated server? That's the only thing I can think of. A dedicated server would need the DLL replacing manually. If you've specified the location of the game in the settings form (which it asks you to do the first time the program runs) and you've clicked "Yes" to the DLL replacement you should be good to go. Hal

[QUOTE=Taiine;198856]See I have done that again. I did the manual update, I told it to replace the .dll, but I still get the same message time and time again, "can not find command folder" The tutorial from BigC shows step by step how to install the editor, how to get it to work in game, but I am still stuck at that step. I can't save the profile. I got it to save the profile one time, and even then I couldn't get it to detect the game that was when I first started posting here asking about it, then the game updated and now I'm back to this again. I don't know if manual update just isn't replacing the dill when I tell it to or what but I can't get past that one step.[/QUOTE] Here is a Video do these steps and remember what Hal is saying about dedicated server and stuff. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFGKcv6OpeQ&feature=youtu.be[/url] Hopefully this will get you straight.

First time user, sorry for any newbness, but I got everything going, following method 1 just to used to everything and got to the point... "Now let's see what this thing looks like in game. Go ahead and launch the game and start a new world. Get to a place you want to see the prefab placed and exit the game back to the main menu of the game. Now completely close and reopen the editor and go to File > Open in Memory and find the prefab and load it into the editor. At the top select World > Navezgane > (Save Name) > Add Prefab at Player Location. It will place the prefab at your location in that game. If you set the options to delete regions follow World > Navezgane > (Save Name) > Clear Regions" When I click on World > Navezgame > WorldName > Add Prefab at Player Location, I get an Object Reference not set to an instance of an object error... System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SDTDEditor.Helper.GetPlayerPositionFromSave(String world, String saveName) at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.AddPrefabToWorld(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Downloads/2%20-%20Games/7DaysToDie/Modding/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: CodeBase: file:///C:/Downloads/2%20-%20Games/7DaysToDie/Modding/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Downloads/2%20-%20Games/7DaysToDie/Modding/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 11.0.50709.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box. I've looked and searched through the forums but, of course, can't find this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[QUOTE=Xyle;201643] I've looked and searched through the forums but, of course, can't find this error. [/QUOTE] Have you put your player name in the settings form for the editor? And is it spelt correctly? I think it says "Steam ID" but actually it's the name that appears in game for your player. e.g. mine would be HAL9000 not 534536982526312

Archived