Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=Wsiegel;83740]Yeah.. you are not alone. My wheel drifts when you try and click and drag with it.. sometimes it flips a layer in the middle of copying or filling... Chalked it up to my mouse.. can be a pain sometimes.[/QUOTE] I've put a check in so you can't change layer if you're middle mouse button dragging in the next version

[QUOTE=Peppino;83877]hmm every window in my prefab is black and "air" but ingame it's finde[/QUOTE] Can you post your BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt plese Peppino. I've got to figure out how this works for some but not others... Hal

[QUOTE=Peppino;83902]BLOCKDATA [url]http://www.mediafire.com/view/ewcex1rp5e76088/BlockData.txt[/url] BLOCKDATADEFAULT [url]http://www.mediafire.com/view/o8tw69igbxzny2z/BlockDataDefault.txt[/url][/QUOTE] Thanks Peppino. It looks like you're running an old version of the editor. When on the menu form (the first one that appears when you start the program) does it say "Menu 0.14" in the title? If not then it's an old version. It should automatically check for an update and ask you to update but if it doesn't try clicking on "Manual Update" in the menu screen. Hal

Really? Hmm then I've no idea why it hasn't updated the files. It checks the file every time you open the prefab editor and if it doesn't match then it runs the update. Every time I open the editor with the BlockData files you sent if forces the update. What happens if you delete the BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt files and then re-open the editor? Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;83912] What happens if you delete the BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt files and then re-open the editor? [/QUOTE] Happened nothing, checked the blocks and it works now! :) Btw. the problem came since your last update as far as I know.

[QUOTE=limodor;83918]same problem here[/QUOTE] Ahh I think I've figured it out. The last update was buggy and imported the new blocks with a black colour. I fixed that but you must have already imported the new blocks. So when the new update ran it saw the blocks where already there and didn't update them. I've added a check in the block update function that will change any blocks with a black colour to a new random colour. See if that helps in the next release. @limodor - delete your BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt files and the problem should go away. Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=HAL9000;83925]Ahh I think I've figured it out. The last update was buggy and imported the new blocks with a black colour. I fixed that but you must have already imported the new blocks. So when the new update ran it saw the blocks where already there and didn't update them. I've added a check in the block update function that will change any blocks with a black colour to a new random colour. See if that helps in the next release. @limodor - delete your BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt files and the problem should go away. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Good find bro.. I know that was bugging you. ( pun intended. ) :)

[QUOTE=HAL9000;83925]Ahh I think I've figured it out. The last update was buggy and imported the new blocks with a black colour. I fixed that but you must have already imported the new blocks. So when the new update ran it saw the blocks where already there and didn't update them. I've added a check in the block update function that will change any blocks with a black colour to a new random colour. See if that helps in the next release. @limodor - delete your BlockData.txt and BlockDataDefault.txt files and the problem should go away. Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] thx works now

A lightbulb went off while I was messing around in the backup manager. How difficult would it be to get your editor to export to Qubicle's native format *.QB([URL="http://minddesk.com/wiki/index.php?title=Qubicle_Constructor_1:Data_Exchange_With_Qubicle_Binary"]Qubicle Binary[/URL])? The editor can already import XMLs, but if it can export back into Qubicle, I can jump back and forth between the app and game editing my prefabs on the fly. The only hiccup would be that when exporting, it'd still need three separate files for block ID, damage, and rotation. It wouldn't be a severe limitation of having chunks of land claims as I can just work with each piece individually and then resize and combine the prefab when I'm finished. Better still, I could just work with the editor's randomly generated color palette or use my own custom one. Just a thought. I'm thinking perhaps it'd be easier to handle file formats than it is recreating features from Qubicle. :P

[QUOTE=Shado47;85247]Somebody could make a tool like this in the Style of MCEdit for Minecraft. That would be really cool.[/QUOTE] I think that's likely to happen but it will have to be once world generation is completed by TFP. Or it's a lot of work for nothing as soon as they change it. You may be seeing the birth of it [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10377-Orientation-Guide-A-Work-In-Progress"]here[/URL] with Aussie's awesome new tool

Anyone else getting Unhandled exception errors when trying to save a prefab? I get it everytime. And after I get that it corrupts my asset.resources in the 7 Days to die game folder. Seems to be this last update. Using version 8.2 of 7Days to die and the latest from the link to this.

This is what Im getting: See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SDTDEditor.PrefabDisc.SaveLayer(Int32 LayerToSave) at SDTDEditor.PrefabDisc.Save(String _prefabFileName) at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5477 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Enforzer/Desktop/7DTD_Editor%20(1)/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5468 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0 Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1 CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Enforzer/Desktop/7DTD_Editor%20(1)/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5476 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- szlgx249 Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box.

[QUOTE=Enforzer;86475]Anyone else getting Unhandled exception errors when trying to save a prefab? I get it everytime. And after I get that it corrupts my asset.resources in the 7 Days to die game folder. Seems to be this last update. Using version 8.2 of 7Days to die and the latest from the link to this.[/QUOTE] No I am not getting this error and have been saving prefabs back and forth editing in 8.2 Possibly it is one of the mods that writes to the resource.assets file that can get installed with the check boxes? you can try unchecking all of the mods with a copy of the new resource.asset file and see if it is an uncompilable mod that is doing this. ( light flicker, weapon unload...etc )

[QUOTE=Enforzer;86475]Anyone else getting Unhandled exception errors when trying to save a prefab? I get it everytime. And after I get that it corrupts my asset.resources in the 7 Days to die game folder. Seems to be this last update. Using version 8.2 of 7Days to die and the latest from the link to this.[/QUOTE] Hi Enforzer, Looks like it's in "Open on disc" mode. Can you send me the prefab? Or if it's a in-game one just tell me which one it is. The editor doesn't modify the resources.asset file in any way (it doesn't even know it exists) so you might have another problem going on. All the mods built into the game are through DLL modification rather than assets. How much space do you have on the drive the editor is on? Cheers, Hal

[QUOTE=Sho'nuff;86545]Is there some thread that explains how decals work or can someone fill me in?[/QUOTE] [Tutorial] Hal's Prefab Editor: Tips and tricks [url]http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10186-Tutorial-Hal-s-Prefab-Editor-Tips-and-tricks[/url] a few posts down, there's also a nice shot with them numbered

[QUOTE=Sho'nuff;86545]Is there some thread that explains how decals work or can someone fill me in?[/QUOTE] I think Decals Are broken as of 8.2 See [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?10619-Alpha-8-2-Missing-random-decals"]this.[/URL]

[QUOTE=HAL9000;86520]Hi Enforzer, Looks like it's in "Open on disc" mode. Can you send me the prefab? Or if it's a in-game one just tell me which one it is. The editor doesn't modify the resources.asset file in any way (it doesn't even know it exists) so you might have another problem going on. All the mods built into the game are through DLL modification rather than assets. How much space do you have on the drive the editor is on? Cheers, Hal[/QUOTE] Its a custom prefab.. I was adding resources to it. I scrubbed the app and then reinstalled it. I also installed it on my other two PCs and the same thing is happening, so you might be right. There is over 2 TB on this drive still so I dont think its space.

Archived